• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Possible So. Calif. GT/CS get together?

Diesel Donna

joedls said:
I do know that, for me, this forum would not be the same if either one of you were excluded. I believe you each have alot to contribute.

I hope you can work it out.......

I second the motion.

Mustanger

... meanwhile, back at the ranch ... (i.e., getting back to the discussion) if we're trying to go to some interesting places in So Cal, check this out:

http://www.latimemachines.com/

... some of these places (restaurants) can be fun especially meeting over lunch or dinner ...

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks, Mustanger for the neat L.A. food website! I like that "Safari INN" sign...a good spot for CS pics at dusk, too.

I want to briefly address this problem, and then I would like to move on. I have this book to do, research letters to write, calls and e-mails; all related to the new book. Not a lot gets resolved in a conflict, except for the skyrocketing hits on a thread when people are in some sort of fight--LOL!!

I've never had this type of reaction from anyone in my over 20 years of doing the registry, books, etc. That's not to say that I've "pleased" everyone; no one can do that., and problems do happen like this in about every car club and registry.

I had a prepared explaination, but it's best left alone. I'm not going to explain myself, nor drag this on, and so, I'm sorry if I offended Tim (or anyone else).

It would be naive to think that everyone is happy here. Like a family, there's dysfunctions, arguments, and false perceptions. And, yes, I've heard this or that, too; and I bite my tongue a lot (except to that Donna girl!! (whom I love to kidd)...(is she smiling??)...

Again, my intent was to make room for more folks to participate. But, like buttin' into a group at a cocktail party, the reception isn't always good (LOL!) If I didn't think of owners and enthusiasts like I have for 20 years, I wouldn't go out of my way to encourage them. I have my faults, too, so...don't read things into every word I write. Life's too short, and we have too much to enjoy, to be obsessed with things like this on the internet.

If I really wanted to trash someone, and/or their car, you'd know it. But what would be the point ? There is no gain. I encourage owners, not criticise them, because I really, really DO know how important your cars are to you! It's personal. So, If I'm direct, or too verbose, know that it's not a criticism. I am, however, more mindful of what I say. I'm not better (or worse) than anyone else here.

I'm ready to move on.

Paul N. :)

p.s. So. Cal owners are still encouraged to PM me for details on the get-together.

BroadwayBlue

I debated for a long time to add something to this thread and finally decided I needed to say something about the reception "newbies" get on the site.

I don't understand that at all.
I have never seen anyone shun people or make them feel unwelcome.
That goes for HCS owners and 68 or 07 CS owners, even non-owners.

In my experience with many other car forum type sites - this site is so far on the other side of the spectrum from the others it's amazing!!!

There are other forums I go to very little or don't participate in at all because you just don't feel welcome.

I joined this site because I was interested in purchasing a CS and within days I was welcomed into this community. I had people helping me out in all different ways including emails off the site on recommendations. If it wasn't for that welcome I received and assistance, I don't know that I would be a CS owner today. I knew it was a special car just by the owners passion about them.

I know that from time to time we critique a CS or HCS on eBay rather harshly, but that's because we are so passionate about our cars and we really believe in them and want them represented properly. Many of us are more educated about our cars then owners of other cars.

I'm really bothered that people don't post, ask questions or join in the conversation. I've been to other sites where you ask a question that may have been posted before and all you get is a reply that says something to the effect of "Go Search for it before posting". And that's the end of the thread. I have never seen that here.

I feel that I have developed friendships with people (just about everyone) on this site although we have never met in person. The generosity of people on this site never fails to amaze me! People have helped me and offered assistance without having to ask.

If there truly is a group of people out there that are not comfortable with posting or joining in due to the "comfortableness" we have with each other that's a shame. We're not "clique-ee" (spelling) so if you are a newbie or lurking and you're reading this - join in and post - and welcome to the forums!!!

Maybe Jon can create a topic for newcomers to post an intro about themselves or ask a question if they are uneasy.

This is a great group of people all very willing to go the extra mile for anyone ... so if you're lurking - please join in or if you're uneasy, then by all means PM (private message) someone - but don't not join in. Give it a chance.

Sorry - way off topic but I had to say something. Hopefully I'm not doing something to have someone shy away from the site. OK I'm done - that's all I have to say on this.

Back to the So Cal get together ...

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey Rich,
I completely agree with your (hearfelt) words. You have been a tremendous contributor, and researcher for the site, and you've helped me out many times, too! Thanks!

I think there may be two new threads that you, or someone else might start: one like a "Welcome Wagon" to get the newbies to post (i.e. "GT/CS Owners who have never posted before"); and another for people to post some sort of thoughts and comments they'd like to express along the lines that you just have here (which might be in the off-topic area).

Thanks again for your thoughts. It's the appreciation of the car, and the support that led Ford marketing (that saw this site) to actually do the late model versions. So, you and everyone else have a lot to be proud of!

--FOR THE SO. CALIFORNIA FOLKS-- I'll be contacting each of you with an itinerary of my visit. I'll know in a few days when we can do this. I appreciate your interest, and help. I hope to get some fantastic photos, too!

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

projected photo shoot date in L.A.

For those of you in the Los Angeles area..

How is November 11th and 12th (Sat/Sun) to do this??

That is what I'm planning for.

thanks!

Paul N.

tworings

PNewitt said:
For those of you in the Los Angeles area..

How is November 11th and 12th (Sat/Sun) to do this??

That is what I'm planning for.

thanks!

Paul N.

Should be O.K. for Tworings. :smile:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

CALIF GIRL said:
I won't be able to make that weekend, I have to be in Arizona.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have to go to L.A. those days, because I have an interview to do for the book on that Friday.

I will provide the details and logistics ASAP.

thanks to everyone!

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Too Kewl.

This will be awesome.

Details to follow.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

You mean an "unplanned" race? (LOL, just kidding...)

It depends on the logistics. We might go to LAX, then to LACR, but that's quite a drive. I need to make some calls, and will report back here. I want to make it easy on everyone, without a lot of ga$ money spent.

thanks--

Paul.

davidathans

davidathans said:
I dont know if it is too soon, but my friend wants to go to LACR on 10/27 so that is a few weeks sooner than i mentioned earlier...would it be possible to race another CS that night? if the other nights were better then i'll race twice because i couldnt pass up racing another CS.

So...

10/27? 11/17? 11/24?

i cant race that weekend because i will be in Tehachupe...thats why i put 11/17 and 11/24 for friday races at LACR...but if you have to do it on the 11/12th then i hope i can make it the next time you come out, but i guess that will be too late for the book huh

davidathans

davidathans said:
I dont know if it is too soon, but my friend wants to go to LACR on 10/27 so that is a few weeks sooner than i mentioned earlier...would it be possible to race another CS that night? if the other nights were better then i'll race twice because i couldnt pass up racing another CS.

So...

10/27? 11/17? 11/24?

i cant race that weekend because i will be in Tehachupe thats why i put 11/17 and 11/24 for LACR friday racing days, but hey its hard to pick a day that works for everyone...next time i guess

Diesel Donna

I am available on November 12th but not the 11th...I am committed to a car show at the Rte.66 Museum in Victorville that day. Maybe ya'll should come to the car show? It's on D Street just east of I-15.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey!!

I have some details, but not everything tonight. I'll PM everyone who espressed interest absolutely ASAP.

I can say that I'll be doing photos on both Saturday, and Sunday!

Stay Tuned. I'll have directions, etc, for everyone.

These will be awesome "typical California" GT/CS photos for my book, and possibly a magazine article or two!

Thanks!

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I just sent a semi-detailed itinerary about the photo shoot, to everyone who "private messaged" me.

If you didn't get the info, and you're willing to make it on Sat. and./or Sunday (in Los Angeles), send me a PM.

thanks, Paul.