• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saturday morning PCV system installation pictures

390cs68rcode

My 390 is a Canada car and on the Marti report it stated non emissions system. When I got the car I figured out it did not have a correct PCV system and was pieced together from 69/70 parts. I was having a problem where my S tube was not connecting to the snorkel correctly so I figured out I needed to put the correct 68 PCV system on the car to make it fit together. There was a spacer plate under my car where the old PCV system connected to (this is correct for 69 not 68). Got all the pieces together and hooked it up this morning. Everything lines up properly now so I am happy. While I had the carb off I repainted some of the dirty intake (I will be taking it completely off sometime soon to throughly detail it and reseal).

Here we go.........

Attachments

• pcv.jpg
    pcv.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 42
  • pcv1.jpg
    pcv1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 36
  • pcv2.jpg
    pcv2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 41
  • pcv3.jpg
    pcv3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 35
  • pcv4.jpg
    pcv4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 36
  • pcv5.jpg
    pcv5.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 34
  • pcv6.jpg
    pcv6.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 42
  • pcv7.jpg
    pcv7.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 32

6t8-390gt

Jason,
The engine and PCV system look good, and although I did not study the pictures it looks like mine.

Let me start by saying I KNOW NOTHING about the Canadian non emissions cars. I do, however, remember seeing that the snorkle listed in the Master Parts Catalog was different than the US cars when the 390 snorkle question came up last month. Again, I have no idea what is correct for your car... did it have the S-tube or not???!! I have seen a round snorkle on some 390 cars built in San Jose where the owner said it was original and correct. You may want to research that Canadian issue a little more b/f you spent too much $$ or change too much.

Here again is another example of something San Jose did that the other factories MAY NOT have done.

If I have time I'll try to look in my MPC sometime this week and let you know what it says. Is anyone from Canada who could shed some light on this subject?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

You may want to research that Canadian issue a little more b/f you spent too much $$ or change too much.

waaaay to late for that. :undecided

My car came with a 67 air cleaner assembly (no s tube either), so it has already been converted to the 68 style. Many other small things on my motor were incorrect for a 68 and 95% of them have already been fixed to where I feel happy with the setup.

would like to see what you find out about the Canada cars.

6t8-390gt

Jason,
This is what I have looked up so far... 68 ("GT" with 4/B carb.)
(open emissions) CANADA ONLY

Your Air Cleaner assembly should be part # C7ZZ-9600-F which should be 16.79" diameter. (It is the same air cleaner listed for the 1967 Mustang GT with the 390.) From this I beleive you may have removed some of the original parts.

The snorkle has a base number of 9A626 and NONE is listed for a Canadian Open Emission System for the 390. The 289/302 snorkle for the Canadian Open Emission is C5ZZ-9A626-C.

I have not looked at any of the PCV System to see was is or isn't the same.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

6t8-390gt said:
Jason,
This is what I have looked up so far... 68 ("GT" with 4/B carb.)
(open emissions) CANADA ONLY

Your Air Cleaner assembly should be part # C7ZZ-9600-F which should be 16.79" diameter. (It is the same air cleaner listed for the 1967 Mustang GT with the 390.) From this I beleive you may have removed some of the original parts.

The snorkle has a base number of 9A626 and NONE is listed for a Canadian Open Emission System for the 390. The 289/302 snorkle for the Canadian Open Emission is C5ZZ-9A626-C.

I have not looked at any of the PCV System to see was is or isn't the same.

interesting. can't say I will go back to the 67 style air cleaner, don't like them. thanks for the info.

can you scan and email that info to me?

Last edited: