• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nada Price Values Gt/cs & Hcs

68MustangHCS

Hey,

Good news, the price guide we have on this website can be updated for the first time since 1998. NADA has price values for both the 1968 GT/CS and the HCS.

Click this link for the price values on the 1968 GT/CS:
http://www.nadaguides.com/uv/select...31&ct=7&mk=1065&yr=1968&md=2868&sy=71945&da=0

Click this link for the price values on the 1968 HCS:
http://www.nadaguides.com/uv/select...31&ct=7&mk=1065&yr=1968&md=2870&sy=71949&da=0

This site needs some expertise to update it, because none of the cars listed have the 289 motor. I'd like to see one with a 429 too... I guess 289 motor owners could substitute using the 302? Looks like the California Special is worth a little bit more than the HCS.

68gt390

That price guide has been out for awhile now. The only problems with it are the engines it show's. There were no 68 Mustangs produced with the 429 in 68 plus the horsepower ratings they list for the 390 and the 428 CJ are wrong. Still it does give us something a little newer to go by.

Don :grin:

390cs68rcode

the default option (no engines checked) is the 289. Do it with the 302 and it gives you a +10% for it compared to the 289 with no bonus. I wish people would use that to judge how much to pay for my 289 that is for sale. $29900 for a high retail 289 with AC. mine seems like a bargain at 24k.

high retail for a 390 CS with AC is only 32k. Comparing this to the 29,900 for a 289 AC car seems a little off.

oh well.

68gt390

Jason;
There is a GT/CS up for Auction here in Columbus at the UFO Super Swap. They are asking $28,900.00. I'm working the swap meet and will keep an eye on it to see what happens. I'll let you know. And by the way it's a "C" code car. I know the folks that own it. I for one would love to see them sell the car for that price. As I've said before, it just helps to move my CS 390 up the food chain.

Don

Last edited:

68gt390

From what I heard from folks over in the auction area today car didn't sell. Wasn't there myself to check since I had to work the swap meet area.

Don

68sunlitgold

Craig,
that has been a debated question for along time. Most believe it is because the GT/CS is better known than the HCS, so inturn it is worth more becasue more people want it. I believe the HCS may eventually pass the CS simply because of its rarity once it becomes wider known.

Doug

Mosesatm

68sunlitgold said:
Craig,
Most believe it is because the GT/CS is better known than the HCS, so inturn it is worth more becasue more people want it. I believe the HCS may eventually pass the CS simply because of its rarity once it becomes wider known.

Doug

Ditto.

Well said Doug.

Mustanglvr

I believe it is partially because the HCS`s were produced for 3 years in a row and the GT/CS had only one production year.

Mosesatm

What would be fun would be to get someone to make a "Colorado" script that fits in the same holes as the "California" and replace the HCS scoop shields with GT/CS letters. Or just stick it on a California Special. Now that would blow some minds. Maybe it was the HCS prototype. Only one was produced.

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
What would be fun would be to get someone to make a "Colorado" script that fits in the same holes as the "California" and replace the HCS scoop shields with GT/CS letters. Or just stick it on a California Special. Now that would blow some minds. Maybe it was the HCS prototype. Only one was produced.

:icon_bore