• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Price Guide

OP
OP
case12

case12

Well, let's start with the base prices (the base descriptions are still valid):

2003 Poor: 3,500
2006 Poor: 3,500

2003 Fair: 5,500
2006 Fair: 8000

2003 Good: 8,000
2006 Good: 14,000

2003 Excellent: 10,000
2006 Excellent: 27,000

2003 Concourse: 14,822
2006 Concourse: 36,000

I would tend to leave the options add/subtract table alone. We could all debate those to eternity. Many (with maybe exception of engine) are personal preference.

What say ye? Casey

BroadwayBlue

Even NADA with no options seem to be a bit higher than that.

Or are we not talking retail (as in dealer?)

Base Price
Low Retail $7,825
Average Retail $14,450
High Retail $28,100

OP
OP
case12

case12

Cool - the NADA prices line up pretty well with my Fair, Good, and Excellent 2006 guesses. Concourse is another class altogether. The prices I guessed are base - no options.

So, should we go with the NADA prices for Fair, Good and Excellent - or should they be higher?

Maybe concourse should be higher, but I chose this based on the one on eBay right now. Options would make it higher. Comments welcome. Casey

BroadwayBlue

It looks that way.

I assume a 3-speed transmission too although there is no option to pick an automatic only 4-speed under the options.

Here are the options
Check Applicable Options and Equipment:
302/230 HP V8 Engine
390/265 HP V8 Engine
390/315 HP V8 Engine
4 Speed Transmission
428/340 HP V8 Engine
428/360 HP CJ V8 Engine
429/360 HP V8 Engine
6 Cylinder Engine
Air Conditioning
Mustang Pony
Interior
Ram Air

I don't think these are all valid though are they.

Mosesatm

BroadwayBlue said:
It looks that way.

302/230 HP V8 Engine
390/265 HP V8 Engine
390/315 HP V8 Engine
4 Speed Transmission
428/340 HP V8 Engine
428/360 HP CJ V8 Engine
429/360 HP V8 Engine
6 Cylinder Engine
Air Conditioning
Mustang Pony Interior
Ram Air

I don't think these are all valid though are they.

At least the things in bold are in error. I don't know if there were 2 different 428s offered. The "Mustang Pony Interior" may be able to be changed to "Deluxe Interior"

390cs68rcode

I think they mean the 428 passenger car (big cars) motor as the 340 HP one. Ford rated the CJ motor at 335 which was low.

nfrntau

This has been talked about before. It just seems like a good time to bring it up.
In my opinion the members of this site create or at least help to create false low prices for our GT/CS’s. I have seen it many times, we say that one is worth XXXX $$, we point out what is wrong, tell people what to watch out for, give great advise, and truly enjoy helping others to enjoy these cars as much as we do (y’all really do). I love that about this group, my virtual family. But why do we say it’s worth XXXX $$ less than we should? Or the flip side, I can’t believe they are asking that much!
If we the owners of these cars refuse to sell them for less than $30,000 the people who want them will pay $30,000. Yes there are some who will find that bargain of the century hidden away, a basket case or purchase from that little old lady who doesn’t know what she has. But for those of us who know what we have, it is up to us to put a higher value on our cars. If we don’t think they are worth $30,000 why would any future buyer think so?
Would a Shelby owner let his car go for 25% less than what the rest of them sell for?, No. Am I saying that our cars are worth what a Shelby car is, no, I am saying that our cars are worth more than we are telling people they are and that it’s up to us to change that. It’s kind of like the fox guarding the chicken coupe, people come to us to ask what our cars are worth and in my opinion we tell them less $$ than they really are.
When my car is complete it will be at least a $30,000 car. End of story. To say any GT/CS is worth less may be falsely limiting the ability for our cars to increase in value. When someone wants a GT/CS and can’t find one for less than $30,000 than that’s what there worth. Still a great bargain compared to a Shelby and not everybody is looking for high performance.

My 2 cents.

390cs68rcode

OK, I will start............

My 390 CS is worth $60k. If anyone reading this wants it for that I will sell.

for the record I would buy another 390 CS and make it just like the one I own.

Perkchiro

Okay, I'll chime in here. So I have close to 40 K in my car, plus over 1000 hours labor, let's see. . . . . . . . . . . . should be worth at lease 50K. That's a J code by the way, so somewhat less than Jason's car. :cheesy:

Redwingrobb

Well, I for one prayed that prices would stay low until I purchased my car. Now that I have one, let's bump 'em up! Robb

68gt390

As for NADA that's a good base area to start with but, I would knock out the incorrect engine sizes and HP ratings they show and go with what Ford actually rated the cars at. Sure they were in most cases under rated but, again that's were the insurance folks came in to play. List only the engines that were available - "C" code, "J" Code, "X" Code, "S" Code and "R" Code. At least that way we are being realistic. As for the Automatic option, most classics today with an automatic you loose a little. It's not like it was when these cars were sold. You paid more for the Auto.

Jason; I like your $60,000 price tag. I know even if I were inclined to sell mine I wouldn't take anyless than $50,000 and with what I've got in the car that is probably low. Once I'm done with the 428CJ and it's in the car the price goes up from there. That way I keep window shoppers at bay.

Don