• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tail Light Repairs

Perkchiro

Just thought I would pass this along to others who may be facing restoration challenges. Several weeks ago, I detailed my tail light buckets and rewrapped the wiring and cleaned the sockets. I remounted the light panel and tried to put in new light bulbs. I was only able to get two bulbs in and this was with alot of strain and verbal expletives! I decided to disassemble the lights and pull the sockets. I found A LOT of rust and corrosion. In short, the light sockets were shot and in need of new springs and contacts. I did an internet search and found a website that sells new Ford sockets as well as a variety of other interesting things. Here is the website: www.oemsurplus911.com. I'll do another post when I get these parts and put the tail lights back together. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Steve

PFSlim

Steve

That is good information. I know when I put ours back together, I had the same problem. I ended up changing a couple out with the "Self Projects" stuff at Advance auto parts. They were not the same sockets as before, but they seem to work fine. However, I do not believe they will las the long haul. They do not seem to be made very well. If your stuff works and seems to be of good quality, please let us know.

Paul