• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 Calendar

rvrtrash

PFSlim said:
Steve and Jason

Do you have to send your chrome off or is there someone local who does it?

Paul

I had a local guy do some work for me on another car and I didn't really care for the quality-plus it was pretty expensive. We have a local person that gathers up a bunch of stuff and ships it all at once to Alberta Plating in Canada. He takes care of all the customs paperwork and everything and it still comes out about 25% cheaper than having it done here. Looks good too.
Steve

rvrtrash

mmarsalone said:
Steve,

I don't believe the hood pins are supposed to be chrome. I think they have more of a polished finish to them. Perhaps that's how you want them. I think they would look good chrome. I bought a set of NOS ones sometime last year and haven't installed them. Maybe I'll take the old ones and have them chromed.

Thanks,
Mike

I didn't think they were supposed to be chromed also, but when I asked about it, I couldn't get anyone to chime in and tell me for sure. I emailed Paul N. but it was when he was busy so I didn't hear back. Mine were discolored and had a little pitting towards the center raised part and I couldn't think of any other way to get them looking nice again. I polished with a felt pad on a Dremil for an hour and couldn't get them to shine right. Anyway, I've already sent them off so hopefully they'll look good.
Steve

390cs68rcode

rvrtrash said:
I didn't think they were supposed to be chromed also, but when I asked about it, I couldn't get anyone to chime in and tell me for sure. I emailed Paul N. but it was when he was busy so I didn't hear back. Mine were discolored and had a little pitting towards the center raised part and I couldn't think of any other way to get them looking nice again. I polished with a felt pad on a Dremil for an hour and couldn't get them to shine right. Anyway, I've already sent them off so hopefully they'll look good.
Steve

if there was pitting in the hood pin metal it will come back from the chromers with a larger pit. You are better off finding a Ford Tooling set somewhere.

pins are a brushed aluminum (could be pot metal but they seem like aluminum).

My chrome place was local.