• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS for sale in Vegas ...on SF Craigs List

DeadStang

He reinstalled the rear marker lights and changed the valve covers, but otherwise it looks the same. For that price, he's dreaming.

Garretc

Wow.

I was looking at the CS over the past few days and haven't had time to call that guy. So from what I gather from the previous post(s) this is a car that was recently sold and not worth the money. Is that correct?

I have been researching a Mustang project for the past 7 months. I now know that I want a CS. The hard part for a rookie is trying to find out what to look for. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the posts...

DeadStang

No, this is a nice solid, strong-running car. I drove it all over the place w/o any problems what-so-ever. In my opinion, $18K is high, tho, as it needs a fair amount of work (and $) to be correct again. It just depends upon what you're into, I guess.

Garretc

Well. I am into a something that is reliable and strong. I want a reliable CS and I am not that concerned with it being 100% authentic. To be honest, I would like to have some more modern Mods. I don't want to mess that much with the exterior of the car but disk brakes and new suspension would be a goal. Plus, I am pretty sure I want to increase HP. I just don't know if I should try to increase HP on a 289 vs. a 302. I don't know the advantages of each besides basic weight.

HappyHour

Hey Deadstang this was the one that almost warranted a flight up to Oregon but you had already sold it. Great daily drive with the shelby scoop. Especially at the price if I remember correctly...which was nowhere near this new price!

So you sold it to sin city huh? :icon_lol:

DeadStang

Yeah, I sold this and a '70 Mach that I had as a package deal to a guy from Australia who lives in Las Vegas. He was buying them to try and sell for a profit at Hot August Nights in Reno...guess this didn't sell. I was asking around $13K IIRC, which was a fair price for the car.

483cars1-med.jpg

"Well. I am into a something that is reliable and strong. I want a reliable CS and I am not that concerned with it being 100% authentic. To be honest, I would like to have some more modern Mods. I don't want to mess that much with the exterior of the car but disk brakes and new suspension would be a goal."

For Garretc, this may actually be the right CS for you...look at it in person, tho. And remember about how much he paid for the car. I would guess that there is quite a bit of room to bargain in his price.

Keep us posted on your search!

Garretc

DeadStang - How long ago did you sell the car? I just trying to understand how it went from 13k to 18k by changing the marker lights and valve covers.

DeadStang

DeadStang - How long ago did you sell the car? I just trying to understand how it went from 13k to 18k by changing the marker lights and valve covers.

Capitalism at its finest!

I sold it the end of July/early August...about 2 months ago.

HappyHour

Hmm I wonder if he will take $13,5K, vegemite sandwich and six pack of VB?? :grin:

I did hear it was a very nice daily driver...minimal to no rust and I kinda liked the Shelby scoops.

That must of have been a beautiful drive from Oregon to the desert (unless he shipped it).

DeadStang

No, he drove it down to Reno, then I assume to Vegas. No issues and it even has a good working radio. It has lots of power for a 289; it starts and runs well, and the transmission shifts as it should. The rear gearing isn't stock, so the rmps on the highway are kind of high (it had a stupid monster tach when I sold it), so with the Flowmasters it's kind of loud. The only thing I didn't like about driving it is the automatic with manual drum brakes--it requires a fair amount of leg muscle to sit at stop lights as it wants to creep forward (I have another '68 AT/drum brake car that is the same way).

There are a few rust bubbles in door corners (minimal but present) and on the top of the driver's side inner fender apron (someone tried to repair this). There is also a little area where the seam meets on the front of the driver's side rear fender that has a little rust. The cowl seems to be solid. All sheet metal appears to be original and the floors, frame rails, torqueboxes, etc are all good.