• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'08 CS wish list - just for fun.

miller511

Hi all,

I've been thinking pretty hard about getting an '07 CS. They have really started to grow on me.

One of the things that's kept me from doing it (other than I don't have an extra $30K lying around for a coupe version) is the color schemes available...(No offense to those folks who already have one.) The current colors- white, black, redfire red, and vista blue, just don't appeal to me. I wish they'd offer it in tungsten gray exterior and also something other than the black/dove interior...all black leather interior would be nice.

Of course if they offered retro '68 colors...pebble beige would put me over the top ;-) ...just kidding.

Seriously, what would it take for you to consider buying one? IRS? 5.4L 500HP Shelby motor?

-Jeff

Midnight Special

miller511 said:
Hi all,

I've been thinking pretty hard about getting an '07 CS. They have really started to grow on me.

Seriously, what would it take for you to consider buying one? IRS? 5.4L 500HP Shelby motor?

-Jeff

...All of the above Jeff... What I like best about the new Stang is that it (once again) has its own distinct identity. There's always that split-second when one approaches that I think I'm looking at a dressed up '68 or '69 fastback! Do you know what I mean? They're starting to grow on me too :)

Mustanglvr

I very much hope they will put the correct GT/CS tail lights on the "08" GT/CS, along with a powerful motor and all the color combinations they had available back in "68". There is still quite alot of room for improvement.

Does anybody know what the actual color of the "68" Shelby is in the "Go" video?

Last edited:
OP
OP
miller511

miller511

The '68 Shelby looks black to me ;-)

I'm guessing highland green...but who knows?

DAR1

I think they should add the longer tailights from the original '05 concept mustangs plus one of the good looking 'duck tail' spoilers and the rectangular foglamps/blacked out grill. They should offer the motor out of the Ford GT as a 'big block' option. Another way to be more like the originals would be to offer convertibles with fiberglass (or aluminum) hardtops to mimik the original shape.
Dan

P

PNewitt

Hey, Jeff, thanks for starting this thread....ya never know, "anyone" might get a look here... <<???>>

I've attached an idea I had, via Photoshop for wider taillights for '08. It would only involve making the plastic taillight a bit wider, with the inner "band" as a surface-mount reflector. No modification required on the original sheet metal. Maybe the aftermarket will pick this idea up??

Bright yellow was dropped as a '07 GT/CS color. Maybe we'll see it in '08. I've mentioned to Ford to make some new stripe colors, too, and trying to do something new for emblems.

There is talk of the '08 "finally" getting the SVT/Shelby spoiler in regular production, but we'll see.

For those wanting to see the '09, and '12, it's on the cover of the new Road & Track.

Or--you can go here:
http://www.mustangevolution.com/
(and scroll down)

For Jason, here's an Autobahn Burner! LOL!!
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/geiger_mustang.asp

(it'll "only" do 178mph on the "bahn"!)

-Paul.

Attachments

• taillights.jpg
    taillights.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

ponyboy

Hey Paul, still hoping they bring back the Legend Lime so i can match my 68. The standard colors don't appeal to me, just wondering if you have an address to write to Ford to see if i could special order one. Thanks, Rich

DAR1

Paul,
The tailights look great but the inside needs to taper down again like the outside to get the maximum effect. I was wondering if you couldn't take two lenses and use one upside down with one segment removed to get the look.
As you said, the add-on could be surface mount - no cutting required.
Dan

hotrodgrany

miller511 said:
Yep. It reminds me of the Kelly Clarkson "Go" video that someone had references awhile back...I know that now I'm talking Shelby's...but still a cool video.

Here it is again-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-V45pwLnU8
I hope I am not to much off the topic but... Hay I think this is a cool video never the less, I may be a Grandama, but this Grandma likes to see how fast her Stangs can go, like in this video. Trust me they can and sound so awsome, but Ford made sure to that. Love everthing about the new ones, I should know I had an 05 and now an 07. If you deside on a new one,wecome to the new generation of GT/CS.

Dougxox

miller511 said:
Hi all,

One of the things that's kept me from doing it (other than I don't have an extra $30K lying around for a coupe version) is the color schemes available...(No offense to those folks who already have one.) The current colors- white, black, redfire red, and vista blue, just don't appeal to me. I wish they'd offer it in tungsten gray exterior and also something other than the black/dove interior...all black leather interior would be nice.

Of course if they offered retro '68 colors...pebble beige would put me over the top ;-) ...just kidding.

-Jeff

Can't help you with the extra 30k, but Ford is now offering the GT/CS in Grabber orange. If you want it in the gray, some people have been getting the front and rear ends and replacing them on the 05-07's. This way you can get the all black interior too ( the 07 GT/CS interior also come with the black/camel, which is basically black/tan). It won't be a true GT/CS, but its only a trim kit anyways.

Mustanger

Dougxox said:
Can't help you with the extra 30k, but Ford is now offering the GT/CS in Grabber orange. If you want it in the gray, some people have been getting the front and rear ends and replacing them on the 05-07's. This way you can get the all black interior too ( the 07 GT/CS interior also come with the black/camel, which is basically black/tan). It won't be a true GT/CS, but its only a trim kit anyways.

Here's a guy that did that but with a Legend Lime Mustang:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55186

... not a true GT/CS, but it's different ...

aemoo28

What!? I want to exchange my black 2008 GT/CS for grabber orange!! They told me it only came in black, white, blue, and red. For Christmas I'd like a 1970 428 SCJ Twister Special, grabber orange. Then of course I'd like a red KR. But most of all, I'd like an original 1968 GT/CS, black, to mirror my black 2008 GT/CS.
Where do I find a website that caters to CS specialty items? I have the break light decal from Bob White- thank you hotrodgranny- but need more accessories to show off.

Mark Puls

They do only come in those colors the Grabber Orange is for a special edition Shelby GT that is only being sold in California. It has the additional cost of the "Shelby" with no engine mods other than a cold air intake.

They also have grey stripes. I was told they are only producing 500 by the dealer a couple of weeks ago when I was in LA for the Carrol Shelby tribute at the Peterson Museum

BroadwayBlue

I think there is a thread somewhere talking about the Grabber Orange CS.

It is available according to the Ford webiste for 08. The won't let you pick Grabber Orange with the CS package on the 07 model but I thought it was available. I posted a pic on a thread of a meet my nephew went to for Grabber Orange stangs and there was a CS there. It was too early to be an 08 since it happened over the summer. But I could be mistaken.

mustangj

Grabber orange was a color available on the 07 CS, I'm not sure about the 08 versions though. I own a redfire 07 CS and I promise that you will not be disappointed in this car. If Legend Lime had been available I definitely would have gone with that though. Maybe new colors will come soon.