• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Door Handles

PFSlim

I thought Hook or someone posted that they replaced their 68 door handles with 67's because the knobs wouldn't fall off. Is that the case or am I dreaming that?? I did a search but came up with nothing. If that is true, what color are the knobs (chrome??)??

Paul

hookedtrout

I replaced my window roll down handles with 67 handles as they are all steel and the knobs don't break off. They work awesome I stuck the 68 window cranks in my parts storage. They stick out just a bit more making it easier to roll down the windows as well but your knee will hit them if the handle is left in just the right postition which can be moved very easy if it is in the way when the window is rolled all the way up.

Hook

hookedtrout

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=2044;start=0#msg13567 date=1124315841]
Thanks Hook. I thought that was you. Are your knobs chrome? Did you replace front and back??

Paul
[/quote]

Knobs are chrome and I have only replaced the front thus far. Bought them off ebay and it was a pair so I made the buy.

Hook