• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Where to find connectors

68sunlitgold

Has anyone found a good place to buy the two connectors I have circles around in the picture. One is the basic plug connetor which is used alot on mustangs (I have found similar ones but not exact ones) and the "L" shaped push on connectors like the one on the A/C ciruit breaker.

Doug

Attachments

• connectors.jpg
    connectors.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 37

PFSlim

Doug

I saw your post yesterday but can't help you out. My car does not have A/C and I dont recognize the other connector. Hopefully someone else will respond.

Paul

rvrtrash

Doug, Ford uses a different size bullet connector than can commonly be found, and they don't have any for sale at the parts counter. I've found only two ways to come up with something that works. Either cut connectors off an old wrecking yard harness and solder them in place and cover the joint with heat shrink or buy the standard size connector and modify it. I remove the plastic insulation, carefully work a small screwdriver into the seam of the connector and spread it out till it's the right size and then put heat shrink tubing on it to insulate it again. It's a bit of work and you have to be careful not to stab yourself with the screwdriver but it will work.
Steve

C160223

Doug
rvrtrash is correct. Your best bet is to find a junked harness from the wreckers or a friend and cut off original connectors about 12" long and splice them onto your harness. All the bullet style connectors I have seen on the market are either too small or too big, and still do not look correct.

murf104

Try to find a salesman for "Amp speciality", or a company called Terminal Supply in your area. they both sell to industrial accounts and nornally can get or have what you need, and most of their salesmen know their product and will be aware of what you are looking for.

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Thanks guys,
I thought about the junk yard thing but thought maybe someone out there had actually found a good source. I will also look up an "Amp Speciality" place like murf suggested...Thanks guys

Doug