• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Strut bushing removal

nfrntau

Heres another one I haven't figured out. The outside washers appear to be pressed together or something. They don't just come off. Am I missing something here on this one? How do I remove these?

Attachments

• DSCF2051.JPG
    DSCF2051.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 15

GTCS95616

Interesting... It looks like there is a metal sleeve inside the bushings. Is this correct?

Jayscal

It is probably just rusted, soak it wilth WD-40, then pry it off. If that don't work, you will have to heat it with a torch.

PFSlim

We had same problem. Soak well. Use a set of big screwdrivers to pry with. You will ruin them coming out but will want to replace anyway. An air operated cutting chisel also works well just to get the rust broken free.

Paul

rvrtrash

I think mine actually were swaged to the center sleeve, either from the factory or from years of use. I had to use a grinder to get them apart.
Steve

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Thanks Guys,
I will get after them with a couple big screwdrivers and plenty of liquid wrench sometime this week.

PFSlim

As a last resort, might consider looking inside hole of bushing, seeing if you can find a lip inside. Then using a center punch to hammer out.

Paul