• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1/4 window removal

nfrntau

I'm stumped on this one too. More specifically I don't know where to start. Both the rear 1/4 window regulators don't work. I didn't want to just start tearing it up in the hopes it might be a easy fix to get them operational before reassembling the car.
As always Thanks everyone
Bill

Mosesatm

I can help you with too but it should just unbolt from the framework attached to the body. Then just slide it up.

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1368;start=0#msg7937 date=1107398914]
I can help you with too but it should just unbolt from the framework attached to the body. Then just slide it up.
[/quote]

You got it. Simply remove the panel that covers the frame work and unbolt from the regulator and it will pull up through the top. I just got done putting in a whole new regulator because the old regulator was broken.

Don

P

PNewitt

Since you're in there....in the rear quarter, could you get a look at the wiring harness running by at the bottom--and see if there is a little connector on the harness for a pigtail plug?

I saw one on mine once, and wondered if it was an in-line connector for those rear quarter courtesy lights option. Another mystery we might be able to work out here..

Paul N.

Russ

Have the regulators really broken? In many cases, the plastic rollers come off the slides or have broken creating an inopperable window. The plastic rollers are generally the culprit when there are problems with the rear quarter windows. Check the rollers first before you tear apart the window mechanism. Just a suggestion.

Russ

bbeatty

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1368;start=0#msg7934 date=1107397756]
I'm stumped on this one too. More specifically I don't know where to start.
Bill
[/quote]

The Ford shop manual really helped me with this one. I kind of had to read one line, go do that and then read the next line for it to make sense though.

Just my experence... ;D

PFSlim

You might want to check to see if the levers which hold the rollers are bent as well. I had one bent, had to make an adjustment, then added the new rollers. While the regulators are out, install new rollers and lube real good before you reinstall.

Paul