• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 '68 GT/CS at Mecum KC

Mosesatm

A Highland Green S-code GT/CS sold for $42,500 at the Mecum auction in KC. The sale is 2 hours and 30 minutes into Saturday's telecast.

DESCRIPTION

- True S-code 390 4 barrel 4 speed California Special Mustang
- Restored to factory original hiland green paint and ivory gold interior
- All as stated in the Marti report
- High end total nut and bolt rotisserie restoration
- Red oxide floor pans
- No detail untouched
- Very rare car

Because it's Highland Green with a white vinyl top and the auction is in KC I think it was the S-code, 4-speed project project car that has been for sale in Shawnee for a long time.
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8850

It's a beautiful car. It has a few obvious issues like Lucas driving lights, Shelby posts on top of GT/CS posts, and the lower grille panels are not charcoal, but it's beautiful.

Attachments

• Mecum.jpg
    Mecum.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

classicsguy

Wow it looks good in the pictures!!! Thats my dream GT/CS a 4-speed S-code....One of these days Ill own one

franklinair

HEY!! That looks a lot like mine: Highland Green, White vinyl top. But I put mine back to the original Nugget Gold interior. But mine's a paltry 302, A/T. ;-)
The DESCRIPTION says "Ivory Gold" interior. I wonder if its Ivy Gold or Nugget Gold. I can't wait 'til I get mine cleaned & polished- it WILL look as good as the auction photo. (The paint/finish IS that good.)

Neil