• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Fabulous Fords Forever 2018

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Is anyone planning on going to Fab Fords this year? (at Knotts Berry Farm, Buena Park CA)

I just registered my HCS. It's risky and I'm not sure what people will think since it's in really rough shape, rust and all. And it will look even worse sitting next to perfectly restored examples! But I need some motivation to keep working on it. So I'll bring it to the show and make sure my skin is extra thick that day.:wink:

Anyone else going? If so maybe we can meet up before and drive in together.

Last edited:

Ruppstang

Jon that is great, I am glad to see you get it back on the road. It was tough for me to get out in the unrestored HCS and GT350 knowing how nice the other cars would be. I have been surprised how interested people are in barn find kind of cars with a story.
One really big plus is you do not have to worry about rock nicks!
Enjoy your self.
Marty

calspcl

I wont be going, but agree with your motivation tactic! Some of my best accomplishments with my cars was prepping for a show/event to attend. Keep it going Jon!

miller511

Jon,
That is so cool that you are bringing the HCS!! I'll be there with my car in the show as well. Will get there Saturday afternoon. Would be nice to get together beforehand and also coordinate driving in together. Will be in touch.
-Jeff

retroman99

Is anyone planning on going to Fab Fords this year? (at Knotts Berry Farm, Buena Vista CA)

I just registered my HCS. It's risky and I'm not sure what people will think since it's in really rough shape, rust and all. And it will look even worse sitting next to perfectly restored examples! But I need some motivation to keep working on it. So I'll bring it to the show and make sure my skin is extra thick that day.:wink:

Anyone else going? If so maybe we can meet up before and drive in together.

yep I plan on bringing my CS all the way from Redondo beach!! look forward to meeting you and seeing a few GT/CS's and HCS's last year there were 6 of us in attendance. over 1000 mustangs at the event so they say I didn't count them
Brad

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Brad, are you still going? Sounds like Jeff won't be able to make it. I think Diesel Donna is going, but haven't confirmed yet.

We should come up with a time/place to meet early that morning so we can drive into the show together. The Starbucks parking lot on Beach Blvd has been a good spot to meet in past years.

retroman99

Brad, are you still going? Sounds like Jeff won't be able to make it. I think Diesel Donna is going, but haven't confirmed yet.

We should come up with a time/place to meet early that morning so we can drive into the show together. The Starbucks parking lot on Beach Blvd has been a good spot to meet in past years.

yes I plan on attending should be a nice day I was planning on getting there NLT 6 am what are you thinking

Diesel Donna

Yes I am going! Let's meet at the Starbucks. What time? They start allowing cars in at 7:00 AM. Shane will be there to help us park as always. Best to drive in together.
Jon, Knott's is in Buena Park, not Buena Vista....

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sounds great. Brad & Donna (and anyone else) let's meet at Starbucks at 6:00 AM. That should give us time to grab a cup of coffee, then find a spot in the line of cars that wraps around the block.

I'm still questioning the wisdom of me bringing my HCS in the condition it's in, but it's a done deal now. As I said, it will make all the rest of your cars look really, REALLY good in comparison. :grin:

Brad & Donna, I'm PM you with my cell number in case you need to reach me.

Jon, Knott's is in Buena Park, not Buena Vista....
Oops! Fixed. Thanks!

retroman99

Sounds great. Brad & Donna (and anyone else) let's meet at Starbucks at 6:00 AM. That should give us time to grab a cup of coffee, then find a spot in the line of cars that wraps around the block.

I'm still questioning the wisdom of me bringing my HCS in the condition it's in, but it's a done deal now. As I said, it will make all the rest of your cars look really, REALLY good in comparison. :grin:

Brad & Donna, I'm PM you with my cell number in case you need to reach me.

Oops! Fixed. Thanks!

great see you all at 6 am at Starbucks. I think I arrived around 6:15 last year and the line was already around the block near on Stanton by the Sears.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Loaded up and heading out.

Attachments

• 2018-04-14 09.42.58.jpg
    2018-04-14 09.42.58.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The show was a lot of fun. I'm headed back to AZ now.

We had a great showing with 9 Specials total (my HCS and 8 GT/CS cars). I'll post more when I get home, including photos.

Diesel Donna

Jon, I don't know if you saw the video post by Mustang Monthly on Facebook, Vintage Mustangs, but they caught most of the Specials rolling out at the end of the day and when you went by the guy says, there's a survivor California Special....so I posted on the video...that it was a High Country Special! Your welcome.