• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti report

cmacias24

I'm interested in purchasing a Marti report was wanted to know if the basic report will tell me if my car is a true california special.( know it is, but I just want to kill that doubt) Also, I wanted to ask you if anyone has a copy of the registry and if my car was included. I purchased it off a man in Brookings, Oregon. My Vin# is 8R01C168021

ALso my data plate says 65A Q 2A 03U 74 2 W
Originally when I first joined this website I mistakened the Q for an "O" adn thought my car was seafoam green. At the knott's show this weekened I ran into a laday with an exact car except hers had the deluxe interior (bench) and 390 4-v, and her's was a Q. (color code) Well, I then went to my car and focused real hard (Ok, I'm blind as a bat that's why I wear glasses and still hard to fee such small letters) and saw it was indeed a Q and not an "O". Now, what does not make sense is the interior color. When I got my car it had black interior. I have now begun the complete switch over to light two tone blue. Why woudl Ford make such a car with Brittney blue, white stries, white vinyl tp but black standard interior???? Ant help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cesar

68sunlitgold

Cesar,
to answer your first question, Yes the basic report will tell you if it is a true CS. I am at work right now so you will have to wait until I get home to answer if it in Paul's recognition and registry book or not.
As for you last question about the interior/exterior colors, I would imagine it is a special order car. You are correct in your thinking that the vinyl top and interior where often the same color (to include the stripe). And if you had a blue interior (of course they did not offer a blue top) so I would think they would go with a white top. Like I said, I think someone may have but in an order for this car and they got what they wanted. I don't think Ford would go with this odd combination as a "regular run" car because they would not be likely to sell it. You may want to ask the guy you bought it from if he was the orginal owner if you special ordered it. I will get back to the registry quesiton once I am at home.
Doug

OP
OP
cmacias24

cmacias24

The guy i purchased the car bout the car disassembled from the second owner. Soon aftter I purchased the car the owner disappeared. It's been a long two years for what was suppose to be a quick restoration according to the seller. Any help as far as the history of the car though the registry will be helpful. Thanks,

Cesar