• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Floor Pan Scribble

Perkchiro

There were some posts not too long ago that discussed the unique attributes of our cars, one being any signs of production worker "Kilroy was Here" type things. Well, here are some addition numbers applied to my drivers and rear passenger floorpans. Thought is was amusing that someone on the line used sealant to do simple addition. Anyone have similar mumbo jumbo applied to their floorpans?

Steve

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 23
  • P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 40

Mustanglvr

Wow, that`s cool! Maybe he or she was trying to keep track of something on the line with those numbers.

PFSlim

Steve

I missed this post earlier but think that is cool as well. That is interesting. I am going to talk to my neighbor who works for Ford (F-150 line) and ask him what he knows about it.

By the way, what is your update on your car? Are you finished???

Paul

luisa2552

Is the one on the right 19 plus 6? And they got the answer of 26?? Too funny.

PFSlim

I checked with my neighbor who works for Ford on the F-150 production line. He has no idea and does not know why the numbers would be there.

Paul

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

PFSlim said:
I checked with my neighbor who works for Ford on the F-150 production line. He has no idea and does not know why the numbers would be there.

Paul

Hey Paul: Thanks for checking on that. I think that it probably had something to do with a parts count or perhaps a car count while on the line. It had to be done by workers applying sealants to the interior. I looks like it was applied with a caulk gun of some sort. I didn't pay much attention to it when I first dismantled the car. As a matter of fact, it wasn't affected by media blasting, so it must be pretty tough stuff! I would like to know more about how the production lines operated and the sequence of how the cars were built. I think that would be a cool subject to research.
And no, I don't have my car completed yet. I'm so close I can hardly stand it!!:frust:
Steve