• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Modest Dream Garage

nfrntau

Hey All,
I now have one I can share. With the artistic talents of Tim and tons of elbow grease from Arlie, I present the new home for Robin, my GT/CS

Attachments

• P2281067.jpg
    P2281067.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 44

rvrtrash

I can see I'm going to have to do something with my shop floor now so I can keep up with the Texans.

Steve

hookedtrout

Well you guys just keep on perfecting your shops/garages, I'm on a mission of debt free and I just paid off the last debt that I have short of our house which will now be the target and should only take about 12-16 months dependent upon how diligent I stay. It has taken us right at 2 years to eliminate all of our debt with the exception of the house. The #1 thing on my list after the house is paid off, a 40' X 40' shop out back with a 14' over hang for the RV which is the item I just paid off.

So you guys keep posting all the great ideas and in about a year from now if all goes well I'm starting construction and I'll be able to incorporate all your wonderful ideas.

Mustanglvr

Nfrntau, great looking garage floor! I love the GT/CS stripes!

Way to go Cory! Congrats!

Mosesatm

Looks like we have the battle of the garage floors going!

OK, I'll admit defeat on the floor but it's time to up the ante; the walls are next!

Has anyone used FRP (Fibergalss Reinforced Panels) on their garage walls or any other similar product. I don't really want to patch and paint just to patch and paint a few years later when a wrench accidently goes through the wall, so I'm looking at using a more permanent material.

FRP are the 4'x8' glossy wall panels used in restrooms, kitchens, medical rooms, etc. They can be installed horizontal to create a 4' high wainscot or vertical to cover the entire wall. I'd probably go up to the 4' level since most door dings and flying wrenches stay below that height.

Any thoughts on that or other products?

Thanks

hookedtrout

Hating the function and working with sheetrock I opted for 1/2" plywood on the walls in my garage, I insulated, put up the 1/2 in plywood, painted and caulked all the seams and now when I want to hang something I can put in a screw or drive in a nail where ever I want and hang it up and other than the time the wife started the Jeep and thought she was in reverse and actually was in 1st and stuck the push bar through the wall we haven't had any issues with things hitting the wall, solid and nice. She did stop in time to prevent knocking anything out of place other than a small hole. When I backed into the door opening with the truck plowing snow and pushed the outside wall out 8" all I had to do was pound it back in place with a sledge and recaulk the seams, no damage to the board. Cost was way more than sheet rock but I love the function and durability.

Ruppstang

Looks like we have the battle of the garage floors going!

OK, I'll admit defeat on the floor but it's time to up the ante; the walls are next!

Has anyone used FRP (Fibergalss Reinforced Panels) on their garage walls or any other similar product. I don't really want to patch and paint just to patch and paint a few years later when a wrench accidently goes through the wall, so I'm looking at using a more permanent material.

FRP are the 4'x8' glossy wall panels used in restrooms, kitchens, medical rooms, etc. They can be installed horizontal to create a 4' high wainscot or vertical to cover the entire wall. I'd probably go up to the 4' level since most door dings and flying wrenches stay below that height.

Arlie I use FRP panels in my construction business. They would work very well in a shop- garage. Not too expensive and easy to install. Marty

logue636@comcast.net

24+30 2 story

My garage is only 24+30 2 story half is open the other is closed you can jack up your car as high as you want and have storage upstairs.

Attachments

• stering 048 (640x480).jpg
    stering 048 (640x480).jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 34
  • stering 050 (640x480).jpg
    stering 050 (640x480).jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 38
  • stering 051 (640x480).jpg
    stering 051 (640x480).jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 48
  • stering 052 (640x480).jpg
    stering 052 (640x480).jpg