• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My GT/CS was in a Hit and Run!!!!!

Stacey Enderle

my weakness,...over protectiveness....

Mustanglvr said:
Wow Stacey, I`m sure glad you all came out of those accidents still in one piece. Some cars are just hell-bent on getting wrecked. My car had been damaged in the front and repaired before I got it, from what I can tell since the grill is a 67. They`re alot like children, we have to send them out into the world and risk them getting damaged. We can`t be too protective.

I'm afraid, I'm abit too over protective of my CS, especially after I inherited it from my folks. My side of the family for some reason has always been so accident prone it isn't funny. To be very frank, after the 10th one, I've lost count! The worst one my side of the family was in, were my folks, they were driving a diesel car at night when they got rear ended by a semi truck hauling grain. The driver of the semi fell asleep at the the wheel. The bumper from the car came off and wrapped itself inside the wheel well of the truck and that's what saved my folks' lives. Although they got banged and cut up pretty bad, but they survived. Despite all these accidents, everyone of us survived! I don't get it, we must each have nine lives, I swear. I know two of my brothers at least used up 3 lives each. :rolleyes: crazy huh?

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Very crazy, not only are some cars hell-bent on getting wrecked, but so are some people. :) Your family is very lucky.

Stacey Enderle

lucky/unlucky,...unlucky/lucky,...lucky.....

Mustanglvr said:
Very crazy, not only are some cars hell-bent on getting wrecked, but so are some people. :) Your family is very lucky.

Unfortunately, my side of the family is just that. Lucky or unlucky or unlucky/lucky. We're lucky in getting into accidents and lucky to survive them. Since I left my family 30 years ago, so far (knock on wood) I haven't really gotten into any serious accidents since. I got shook up on close calls or small ones (not enough to be reported), but that's about it.
<pulling out my punch card,...how many lives have I used up,..1,2,3,4? Yup I have 5 left! > :grin:

Stacey

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Yep, I`ve had a few close calls myself. That reminds me, I found out the hard way the other day that I have no back brakes on my GT/CS. I`m gonna have to be careful for awhile till I can get them fixed. Its the only car I have to drive for now. Soon we will have snow and ice covered roads and I`ll have a heck of a time with it.

Stacey Enderle

Git er fixed before da snow flies!

Mustanglvr said:
Yep, I`ve had a few close calls myself. That reminds me, I found out the hard way the other day that I have no back brakes on my GT/CS. I`m gonna have to be careful for awhile till I can get them fixed. Its the only car I have to drive for now. Soon we will have snow and ice covered roads and I`ll have a heck of a time with it.

Yup, better get your baby fixed up before the snow flies. As we all get older, we tend to be alot more careful these days.
I remember I used to be so reckless with my CS, before I inherited my CS. I was too lazy to turn around to parallel park and I knew which way my car would spin on ice. I'd look both ways to make sure the cops were not around, momentarily gas it, spin my car around and drive right into the spot. I used to freak out my friends that way. I'd give em a few grey hairs each time.:scared: Naughty me.:cheesy:

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Stacey Enderle said:
Yup, better get your baby fixed up before the snow flies. As we all get older, we tend to be alot more careful these days.
I remember I used to be so reckless with my CS, before I inherited my CS. I was too lazy to turn around to parallel park and I knew which way my car would spin on ice. I'd look both ways to make sure the cops were not around, momentarily gas it, spin my car around and drive right into the spot. I used to freak out my friends that way. I'd give em a few grey hairs each time.:scared: Naughty me.:cheesy:

Yeah, but sometimes ya just gotta!

Oh, and hubby is taking the brakes apart,sooo hopefully we can figure out what they need to work.