• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

stripes on the hood

CS68

does any of you have a detail pics of the stripes in the hood. recently an accident happen to my California special the carb got on fire and damage my hood which is minimal but it bother me so for long I being thinking about adding the black stripes to my CS and I think that this is the time. because I have to paint the hood anyways. i also will be instaling a edelbrock intake manifold and a 650 carburator. what do you think about that? my car is near 100% original. all matching numbers
thank you
carlos

Mustanglvr

Sounds great Carlos! Those hood stripes are nice. I`ve been thinking of doing the same to mine someday.

GTCSMustang

Mustang Monthly did an article on stripes that showed the layout for 1968 hood stripes. I'll look for it and scan it in later this evening and post it here.

Scott

mimustang

Hi, I am new to the site. Last summer I purchased a 68' GT/CS "J" code white with red stripes. Options included were tilt-away steering, black vinyl roof. I registered the car after purchase on this site and would like to know if it would be listed in the new registry. I love the car and it gets many looks and questions, especially being in N.Y. no one has really seen one, although many have heard. I am aware of someone else in the Hudson Valley that owns one, this summer I would like to meet up with him, hopefully at the Bear Mountain Car Cruise. Any other feedback would be great.
Thanks, Mario

GTCSMustang

Here's the information that was in Mustang Monthly.

Scott

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 83

68gt390

mimustang said:
Hi, I am new to the site. Last summer I purchased a 68' GT/CS "J" code white with red stripes. Options included were tilt-away steering, black vinyl roof. I registered the car after purchase on this site and would like to know if it would be listed in the new registry. I love the car and it gets many looks and questions, especially being in N.Y. no one has really seen one, although many have heard. I am aware of someone else in the Hudson Valley that owns one, this summer I would like to meet up with him, hopefully at the Bear Mountain Car Cruise. Any other feedback would be great.
Thanks, Mario

Mario;
The below link will take you to the thread here on the site that list what you should do to get your information into Paul for the registry. Hope this helps. I also noticed this was your 1st post. Welcome aboard.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/t1599-p2-2005-registry-update-thread.html

Don

390cs68rcode

mimustang said:
Thanks, Mario

post your vin and we can tell you if it was listed in a previous registry. Tilt wheel makes in kinda rare for a CS.

BroadwayBlue

mimustang said:
Thanks, Mario

Hi Mario,
Welcome to the site!!
I might be that elusive CS you're looking for in the Hudson Valley :cool:
Not sure but I'm the only other one around.
I saw your car for sale on eBay right after I got mine. It was on eBay and in Brewster right?
Did you take your car to Somers Commons cruise one night?
Someone told me at a Friday night cruise I was at you were there. Been hoping we would meet up.
Your car has the rosewood accents in the interior correct?
I think this cruise is the one with pics of your car
http://popyourhood.photosite.com/SomersJuly05/?page=1

Never made Bear Mountain or Somers last year but hope to this year.
Drop me an email or PM and let me know where you are. I'm in Dutchess County.
I know there is another CS same color as mine a little north of me. I only know because I was at a cruise in Poughkeepsie one night and someone called the guy up and took pics with his phone.

For those not aware - there is a cruise every Wednesday night at Bear Mtn State Park in Harriman, NY. Hundreds of cars show up each week. It's centrally located to NY, NJ and PA so it gets a lot of cars. Last year they started limiting newer cars.
Here are some pics from it
http://popyourhood.photosite.com/BearMountainCruiseNight/

Sorry everyone! - went way off topic here ... not many CS's here in the Northeast so like to grab the chance to meet up when possible.

Not sure if I'm the one you're looking for but drop me a note and let's try to meet up.
There is someone here from Derby, CT too - want to try and meet up at a show as well. 3 GT/CS in the Northeast at an event - that could be a first!

Just joined the Hudson Valley Mustang Club as well - going to my first mtg next week.

Is this your car in the pic attached?
The other is a shot of a Bear Mtn Cruise night

Rich

Attachments

• 3759_348.ts1141262867078.jpg
    3759_348.ts1141262867078.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 39
  • Copy of 3219_1024.ts1121381948000.jpg
    Copy of 3219_1024.ts1121381948000.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

PFSlim

Mario

Welcome to site. We are always glad to see someone else join in on the discussions. As well, we look forward to you posting pictures of your car on the site in the gallery and making sure you are in the registry.

Paul

BroadwayBlue

mimustang said:
HI thats my car and yes I go to most of the shows

Hi Mario,
I left you a Private Message yesterday.
We missed each other at shows last summer but hopefully we can meet up this summer - where are you located?

Make sure you get the info to Paul for the registry and welcome to the site!
Rich

PFSlim

Just want to clarify Mario - Paul N. is who takes care of the registry, not me. Paul is on this site frequently and can be sent a Private Message (PM).

Paul

BroadwayBlue

PFSlim said:
Just want to clarify Mario - Paul N. is who takes care of the registry, not me. Paul is on this site frequently and can be sent a Private Message (PM).

Paul

Good catch - didn't realize that could be confusing.
I'll make him aware if possible as well.

R

mimustang

Hey whats up i am from yorktown would like to be in the new book how do i post the info to paul thanks mario.

BroadwayBlue