• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

i need some gt/cs advice! please...

Talan423

found this picture of a lil red copy. i don't have a scanner, so i tried to take a picture of it. hope it turns out ok.

Attachments

• lil_red.jpg
    lil_red.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 97

Talan423

got this picture from a tony branda calendar a couple of years ago. has the green hornet on top and lil red on bottom.

tom

Talan423

for some reason the picture didn't load, will try it again.

Attachments

• lr-gh.jpg
    lr-gh.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
F

ford9

yea i think i will make into a little red (although the green looked pretty cool). i was planning on repainting the car anyway. i will probably do it next fall. i want to drive it this summer. plus there are a bunch of small things that i have to fix. (ac heater and figure out the cruise control) thanks for the help on the fog lights. are they the same for the lil red? from some of the pictures they looked round like the ones on the elanor. also did the lil red have a roll bar? kinda looked like it from the pic. i dont think that i am going to go that far...lol
matt

68sunlitgold

Matt,
The lights are different on Little Red, I am not sure what the inner lights are. For the second quesiton, they should have the rollbars in both of them.
Doug

OP
OP
F

ford9

how hard do you think it is to install roll bars? i was planning on taking out the interrior and repainting it inside and out. at that point if it is not too hard ill try and put the roll bars in there. i also have to reuphoslter the seats. front ones. i guess i will try and sell the fog lights and try and find the "circle ones". you think i can sell them for 400$ a pair? you think i should put them up on ebay? on the outside i have to replace the vinyl top and get the shelby parts. the springs on the back are bad and i think that you can get them rearched if not then ill buy new ones. the engine compartment needs to be polished up a bit also. after that i think ill be done. ill be ready for cruising summer 2004. i will try and keep it under 5k doing most of the work myself. think its possible? thanks for your input ;D

OP
OP
F

ford9

hey you see on that first picture of the green hornet that the fog lights are square but in the other ones they are circle...what gives?
matt

OP
OP
F

ford9

sorry to bother you again doug but you and winston seem to know a hell of a lot! i have another question, even though this is not a gtcs what is a round figure price for my car?

StraightSix

Lots of questions here :) I'll try my best.

1. My guess is that install a roll bar should be easy with the interior gutted... but I dont' know for sure.

2. Not sure how much you can get for the lights, but I would suggest that you just keep them. Correct Marchal lights would cost much more, I think.

3. Yes, you can get springs rearched. I'm not sure how cost effective it is though. New springs can be had for $150 (Dallas Mustang ad, page 73 of the latest issue of Mustang Monthly. I don't know how much re-arching costs.

4. If you get a decent paint job for about $2000-$3000 and do all of the other work yourself, you should come in at or under $5k.

5. The Green Hornet was a '68 coupe and therefore looks like a '68 Shelby. Lil Red was a '67 coupe and looks like a '67 Shelby. That's the difference.

6. I don't know how much your car's worth, but I would try some of the 390 sites!

Have fun personalizing her!

-Winston

kevin

Banned
You can get excellent quality reproduction springs through mustangs unlimited for 59.95 a pair. This will probably be a better buy than getting your spring re-arched. Do you have the shelby roll bar. When you pull your interior out, check for rust holes in the floor. Tke a screw driver and try punching it through the floor, expecially under the cowl. That will be the best time to replace your floorpans if neccesary. It is best to mig or tig weld the roll bar in. I have all the shelby conversion parts if you are interested. If you need any help, just e-mail me.

I thought I'd point out that those are not foglights on little red, they are inboard high beams. little red had a 67 shelby front end. 67 shelby's had high low beams separated like the 69 mustang. As a matter of fact there were two different types available during 67 year either outboard or inboard (Federal goverment did not like the inboard lights). All of these parts used to be available from branda, probably still are. Don't forget the special grill for the lights.

68sunlitgold

restore is correct in the 67 Shelby, and if you look at Little Red you will see it had the outboard lights because it was a latter production and Shelby had changed over from the inboard lights.

Doug

FYI, Ebay has an 67 shelby outboard headlight grille on auction right now #2405302303