• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Food for Thought!

hookedtrout

According to the University of Wisconsin if we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, there would be; 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western Hemisphere, both North and South, and eight Africans. Of all these people, 52 would be female, and 48 would be male; 70 would be non-white, 30 would be white; 70 would be non-Christian, 30 would be Christian; 89 would be heterosexual; 11 would be homosexual; six people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all six would be from the United States.

Eighty of all these people would live in substandard housing; 70 would be unable to read; 50 would suffer from malnutrition; one would be near death; one would be near birth; one would have a college education; and one would own a computer. If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week. If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and in a spare change dish someplace you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

Hook

case12

This is a great reminder for all of us to count our blessings and to remember to give to those in need. My wife and I have always (even in the early days when we had little) given from our resources before we spent on ourselves, and have never had regrets. We teach our children to do the same with their allowance or money (from our 4 year old to our 19 year old). We teach it as an investment in lives, in addition to savings, stocks, real estate or even cars.

One of my sons went with me on a trip to Brazil in 02 to work in the slum areas helping the families and teaching children. Literally several 100,000's of shacks on the hillsides of Rio - And the love shared was amazing - we could never give enough for what we got in return.

Thanks Hook. Casey

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

There is no doubt JB would be the CS owner.

You're Welcome Casey, and you are exactly right. If only the health, wealth and good looks could be distributed equally.

Have a nice day everyone and pay it forward. Still raining in Idaho and it sure is nice to see things green and beautiful, we have sure been blessed with some much needed rain.

Hook

meadowsdk28

Any way I look at it, I doubt I would have made the village.

Oh wait, I think I squeaked by and made it on the hetrosexual thing. Whhooo HHoooo!!