• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

interior paint code

severin

Hi, does anyone have the interior paint code for a lime gold GT/CS ??? Interior code is 2G so what is the paint code? I am restoring the car in the UK so I would really appreciate any information. Thanks guys!!!

x-codegtcs

The 2G is for IVY GOLD Standard Vinyl interior. For 1968, Ford has 2 IVY GOLD paint colors - Light and Dark. The light is Mustang Only. The Dark is Ford and Mustang. You may need to have your local paint shop mix the two colors so you can compare.

I have pasted a link to a site that has the original PPG numbers and color uses listed:

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1968-ford-pg02.jpg

Read the print carefully because it may help you ID the color you need.

Best of luck.

x-codegtcs

I just checked my other mustang decoder book and it shows that the 2G is a two-tone Ivy gold standard vinyl interior. Perhaps either color would work.