• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 302 GT W/Factory CJ Hood Scoop

Mosesatm

Have any of you heard of such a thing?

Attachments

• M&F Jan 93 GT 1 Small.jpg
    M&F Jan 93 GT 1 Small.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 49
  • M&F Jan 93 GT 2 Small.jpg
    M&F Jan 93 GT 2 Small.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 60

CougarCJ

Nope, looks like a 428CJ ram air cleaner complete with snorkel.
No 302 heat riser, kind of proves that it doesn't fit all together.

I do not see the metal elbow for the hose that goes to the oil filler cap. Is it capped off?

GTCSMustang

I'd like to see a better picture of the hood scoop. 1968 hood scoops are pretty rare. If it's a 1969 that would tell you that it was added later. But the bigger problem that suggests that this can't be factory is that the rear quarter side markers are the early style. I think that style went away in Feb 68. The hood scoops weren't available until April 68. The article doesn't say it was a factory added option, but kind of implies that it was original to this car.

I doubt the Marti shows it. Cool addition though. Should have put the hood stripe on it too.

Scott