CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/14/2014, 07:44 PM   #16
p51
My Car Details

Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnevill View Post
I have lowered the price to $42.5k.
Per the first posting on this thread, I thought your original asking prices was $42.5K (headscratch)...

Anyway, have you thought of taking it to an auction (eg Barrett-Jackson)? From the prices I've seen it appears that those auctions net a sizable premium over either selling on-line or locally. Apparently there are just enough bidders with more dollars than sense who show up resulting in top $ to the sellers.

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2014, 06:11 AM   #17
lnevill

Thanks for the inputs!

Deadstang: I absolutely loved your original X-code survivor. It was really cool having 3 big block GT/CS's parked right next to each other at the show. I agree with your thoughts. I've ran 3 restored cars on e-bay and 2 of them have sold after the auction. E-bay is becoming more of an advertising site then an auction site. I debated on the Bonnie and Clyde panel replacement disclosure, but I've always disclosed which panels were replaced during the restoration so I didn't really think it would matter WHY they were replaced. It's better then rust repair and a story that needs to go with the car. What other cars do you have that you might want to trade out?

P51: I edited the original post from $50k to $42.5k so don't headscratch to much!! I would never buy a car at the BJ auction for many reasons (mainly that you can't drive it before you buy it) so I am not too excited selling a car there. They require no reserve (you can't set a minimum) and I've seen several guys have to decide whether to buy their own car back or let it go for a loss. They also charge both a buyers vig and a sellers vig. If anything, I would do Russo and Steele as they allow a reserve.

Thanks for you input guys!

Lee
lnevill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2014, 09:13 AM   #18
platnumheart666

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangfan View Post
That is a very nice Torino!!
Thanks stangfan! It took me 8 years to find the right one.

I ain't afraid to love a man. I ain't afraid to shoot him either. -

― Annie Oakley
platnumheart666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2014, 07:28 PM   #19
DeadStang

My Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the inputs!
It was really cool having 3 big block GT/CS's parked right next to each other at the show.

I've always disclosed which panels were replaced during the restoration so I didn't really think it would matter WHY they were replaced. It's better then rust repair...
It WAS cool--and it just randomly worked out that I was directed to park between you two guys! Kind of embarrassing, tho, to be the only ratty looking car, sandwiched between two beautifully restored examples of the CSs.

I agree about the integrity of disclosing the work when selling, and I also heartily agree about the nature of the repairs done on this car vs. rust repair. It just isn't a "virgin" anymore, which bothers some people. I have a '69 Coupe that had floors and quarters done (wrong number of ribs, etc) and he had a hard time selling it at the time. But a virgin car would've been worth quite a bit more and difficult to find...sometimes, with these rare birds, you take what you can find.

I'll PM you here.
DeadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2014, 10:29 PM   #20
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...There are many exotics (GT/CS and Shelby) commanding huge prices with little to nothing "virgin" about them. I think you can do it with good disclosure, invitation to inspect & drive and above all, enthusiasm with the right buyer. In other words... I think we'd like to see you get the higher price so to encourage more respect for future (quality) restorers, if you know what I'm saying...

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2014, 11:01 AM   #21
Mosesatm

Quote:
I should add that I am always looking for solid Ford/Mercury projects. I would consider any big block, K code, boss or Shelby PROJECT as trade. Would love to find a 68/69 formal roof Torino cobra 4 speed or a 66 cyclone or......

Lee
Here you go, this one would be fun.
http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4698418297.html
It would make a great road trip car!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68 Wagon.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	18587  
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2014, 10:16 AM   #22
whodat

eBay: metronash

I would love to have it. Of the 111 did any of them come with a/c?
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2014, 04:16 PM   #23
somethingspecial

My Garage
I know some of the 104 S code auto cars had A/C. Not sure how many, but it does appear on some of the Marti Reports I have. Nothing on S code 4 speed cars yet.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2014, 06:29 AM   #24
lnevill

Price reduced - again!

Well the third time on e-pay was about as exciting as the first two. I'm reducing the price to $40k and that is the final offer. If I can't get $40k for this amazing GT/CS, I'll just have to keep it for now.

Thanks!
Lee
Old 11/05/2014, 10:22 AM   #25
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Kinda a bad time of the year to sell "fun in the sun" cars. In my experience Spring seems to be the hot time. The Portland Swap meet in April attracts a buyer who likes to see in person and deal with cash. And I mean lots of cash! I have seen purchases with stacks and stacks of bucks changing hands. A buyer who hates the internet and is old school.

My brother and I just did a purchase of a new driver vehicle for him. Cash on the barrel and a chance to meet the seller and see the truck. I don't know how people buy cars sight unseen??

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2014, 04:41 PM   #26
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
Kinda a bad time of the year to sell "fun in the sun" cars. In my experience Spring seems to be the hot time. The Portland Swap meet in April attracts a buyer who likes to see in person and deal with cash. And I mean lots of cash! I have seen purchases with stacks and stacks of bucks changing hands. A buyer who hates the internet and is old school.

My brother and I just did a purchase of a new driver vehicle for him. Cash on the barrel and a chance to meet the seller and see the truck. I don't know how people buy cars sight unseen??

Rob
...Couldn't have said it better! At the very most, do a nice colorful ad sans many details and instruct them to call you for questions, emailing more photos and an appt.... then answer the phone when they do!
This will also minimize online (armchair) nitpicking and maximize serious inquiries... It's better that You explain your high price (and standard) than some tire-kicker purist on the web.....

Last edited by Midnight Special; 11/05/2014 at 06:29 PM..

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2014, 06:37 AM   #27
lnevill

Bumping back to top...
Old 12/17/2014, 03:52 PM   #28
finally

Lee,

Can you contact me?

Mark
206 714 6275
finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2015, 05:51 PM   #29
Mosesatm

Lee,
There are a few errors on your car that may be raising questions in the minds of potential buyers. Most are easy to fix.
- The armrest is incorrectly attached
- There should not be a stripe between the door and the scoop
- The tail light covers, inside the trunk, should be black.

Something that is a little more expensive to fix is the installation of the side scoops. There are no screws visible, and the scoop shown in the eBay auction photo doesn't look correct..

I'm not trying pick apart the car, just offering suggestions that may help you sell it.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2015, 07:40 PM   #30
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
I've seen the tail light covers in Black, and body color. I've also seen & used these cardboard panels that cover the area:

Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	075.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	19119  
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads