CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 09/06/2014, 01:35 PM   #1
lnevill

Bonnie and Clyde S code 4 speed

Price: $40,000

Got to start somewhere so I figured $50K (now reduced to $40k) was a nice round figure! I'll be putting her on E-Pay in the near future, but wanted to offer her here first.

Here's your chance to own a very rare California Special with a very unique history. One of 111 S code 4 speed cars and the only one of those in Brittany Blue, this freshly restored beauty still sports it's original VIN stamped engine, transmission and 9" rear-end (all rebuilt of course).

This rare GT/CS had a rough life! In 1995 it was involved in a domestic dispute where it was shot full of holes by a very jealous husband. Every panel, light, glass, fixture, tire, wheel, etc, etc were subjected to repeated blasting from multiple weapons of various caliber. There were over 130 shots estimated with well over 200 holes throughout the entire car. He was angry!

The local mustang guys at the time began calling this car Bonnie & Clyde

It was purchased from the insurance company and the initial restoration began. The frame rails, shock towers, roof, pillars and floors survived but just about everything else was replaced with NOS panels and parts from various donor cars. The owner lost interest along the way and the car set for many years until we purchased it in 2013. Bonnie & Clyde underwent a complete rotisserie restoration and the result is what you see here! Not a concourse car by any means, but a very nicely restored numbers matching driver with a very interesting history!

No surprises here. I'll tell you everything that I know about this car and how it was restored. I'm sure you'll like it!

Lee Nevill
Boise, Idaho
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	18462   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	18463   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	18464  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	18465   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	18466   Click image for larger version

Name:	fenders and top 013s.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	18467  

Last edited by lnevill; 11/04/2014 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: price change
lnevill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2014, 01:59 PM   #2
platnumheart666

My Garage
Trade my Garage for it! J/K - What a Beautiful Car!
platnumheart666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2014, 03:39 PM   #3
The_Dude

Very nice car. Since it was bought from the insurance company, does it have a branded title?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2014, 04:07 PM   #4
lnevill

Title is clear.
Old 09/08/2014, 05:46 PM   #5
wallace

Original pics

Hi, do you have pics of the shot up car before restoration? What pieces were damaged beyond repair in the car and engine that could not be replaced if any with original parts?
Thanks Wallace
wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2014, 06:28 AM   #6
lnevill

I don't have any pictures of the shot-up car, yet. The police reports were not available and the owner at the time has passed away. I have spoken with his brother and there is a chance he may have some pictures stowed away.

NOS or original parts were used most everywhere. The intake, exhaust manifold and heads are from a 1967 S code engine. Carb is Holley street avenger. The doors, hood and front fenders are from a 68 donor car as are the side and back glass and light fixtures. Rear 1/4s are nos 67 panels. Deck lid, rear extensions and tail light panel are original fiberglass, repaired.

Hope this helps

Lee
Old 10/01/2014, 01:40 PM   #7
platnumheart666

My Garage
Did she sell?

So did your Beautiful Brittney find a new home?

I ain't afraid to love a man. I ain't afraid to shoot him either. -

― Annie Oakley
Old 10/02/2014, 06:01 AM   #8
lnevill

Bonnie and Clyde did not sell on the first go around, although the after auction action got close. We are posting again today and will see what happens. I may just have to keep her!

Lee

PS: Price reduced to $45000
Old 10/02/2014, 06:02 PM   #9
platnumheart666

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnevill View Post
Bonnie and Clyde did not sell on the first go around, although the after auction action got close. We are posting again today and will see what happens. I may just have to keep her!

Lee

PS: Price reduced to $45000
Would love to buy! We have posted our numbers matching 1968 S-code Torino GT for sale, so you never know. If you still have her when we have the $ we will definitely be talking.

― Annie Oakley
Old 10/14/2014, 06:41 AM   #10
lnevill

Price reduced

The 2nd auction completed and again the after auction action is very close to my reserve, but not quite there yet. I have lowered the price to $42.5k.

Would love to hear your opinions on this price. Is this still too high for a non-concourse, but very well restored S code 4 speed? Is it the Bonnie and Clyde effect (all panels being replaced)? Or have I just not found the right buyer, yet?

Thanks!

Lee
Old 10/14/2014, 09:36 AM   #11
platnumheart666

My Garage
Quote:
The 2nd auction completed and again the after auction action is very close to my reserve, but not quite there yet. I have lowered the price to $42.5k.

Would love to hear your opinions on this price. Is this still too high for a non-concourse, but very well restored S code 4 speed? Is it the Bonnie and Clyde effect (all panels being replaced)? Or have I just not found the right buyer, yet?

Thanks!

Lee
I believe that $40K is 100% what I would pay for this and only regret that I have not sold my 1968 Torino to purchase your GT/CS. From what I have seen this is not an inflated price, especially when J codes are reaching $30K and above. But it is worth only what someone would pay for it. I know I would in a heartbeat and if I didn't just buy Annie's '68 GT/CS I would.

Just my 2 Cents.

-Frank

― Annie Oakley
Old 10/14/2014, 11:00 AM   #12
lnevill

Trades considered

I should add that I am always looking for solid Ford/Mercury projects. I would consider any big block, K code, boss or Shelby PROJECT as trade. Would love to find a 68/69 formal roof Torino cobra 4 speed or a 66 cyclone or......

Lee
Old 10/14/2014, 11:25 AM   #13
platnumheart666

My Garage
Quote:
I should add that I am always looking for solid Ford/Mercury projects. I would consider any big block, K code, boss or Shelby PROJECT as trade. Would love to find a 68/69 formal roof Torino cobra 4 speed or a 66 cyclone or......

Lee
So no love for the Fastbacks? I do have a 1 of 38 numbers matching 1968 GT Torino S code 390. Say that and some $$$-$$$$?

http://www.cars-on-line.com/68611.html

― Annie Oakley
Old 10/14/2014, 06:20 PM   #14
stangfan

GT/CS 8R01C150245

My Garage
That is a very nice Torino!!

Steve Cracknell
stangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2014, 07:16 PM   #15
DeadStang

My Garage
Quote:
Is this still too high for a non-concourse, but very well restored S code 4 speed? Is it the Bonnie and Clyde effect (all panels being replaced)? Or have I just not found the right buyer, yet?
I saw your car at the thing over Labor Day Weekend in Canada...the green X-code CS between you and the red S-code? Yours is a VERY, VERY nice car! My thoughts on your questions, since you asked...

A little high in price. Don't get me wrong--I am on my 3rd CS so I obviously am into these cars, but you are in the S-Code fastback price range. The general, buying public would take a fastback any day--hands down--over a Coupe, no matter how cool the Coupe.

The Bonnie and Clyde thing is off-putting for those of us who are spoiled West Coasters and are used to buying/having cars with little to no metal work or panel replacement.

And yes, you haven't found the right buyer yet. It seems to me that eBay only brings bids up to anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of what I think actual value is. Their site is a way to reach people to advertise, but I wonder how many cars actually sell for real there anymore? Lots of guys I talk with don't even look at eBay anymore?

Having said all of that, I have no cash, but I'd trade you a couple of my cars for this CS! ;)
DeadStang is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads