CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/22/2014, 07:23 AM   #31
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
Since taking over as Registrar in 2011, I found the need to start documenting KNOWN clones. The increasing numbers of clones (some very well done) necessitated the tracking as even though the may be listed as CLONE, as the cars sell down the line, the fact it is a clone may be lost. If you come across any clones, try to get the VIN and forward it to me. Donít really need the door data info, just the VIN from the dash, but if you can get the door data info, the better.

Iíve met several folks who were so proud of their California Special and truly believed it was the real deal, but truth be known, it was a clone. Nothing wrong with clones, they still bring the attention they deserve and the pride of their owners, just tracking the VINs.

For those wanting a Factory Built GT/CS or HCS, always insist on a Marti Report. If you obtain a Marti Report, Please forward a copy to me for the Registry. Thanks for all you support. Mike Jewell
Mike,
The effort you make to have the Registry be accurate is appreciated!
Thank you!

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2015, 10:03 AM   #32
Toy68CS

My Garage
When I try to register my CS I get an error "cannot connect to DB server" and don't get the form to fill out.

Bruce Wertman
1968 Brittany Blue Mustang California Special #168021
1994 White Mustang GT Convertible.
Toy68CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2015, 10:45 PM   #33
Mosesatm

I sent Jon a note.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/2015, 11:26 PM   #34
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy68CS View Post
When I try to register my CS I get an error "cannot connect to DB server" and don't get the form to fill out.
Sorry. This is a known issue at the moment. I just have not been able to fix it yet.

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2015, 09:44 AM   #35
Toy68CS

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Sorry. This is a known issue at the moment. I just have not been able to fix it yet.
Thanks!

Just let me know when it is fixed and I will register my car?

Bruce Wertman
Old 07/11/2015, 07:53 PM   #36
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
OK, I got some time this weekend and fixed the online Registry submittal form. Here you go:
http://californiaspecial.com/registr...try-submit.php

Thanks for your patience!

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2015, 09:15 AM   #37
Toy68CS

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
OK, I got some time this weekend and fixed the online Registry submittal form. Here you go:
http://californiaspecial.com/registr...try-submit.php

Thanks for your patience!
Thanks Jon!

Bruce Wertman
Old 12/14/2015, 12:33 AM   #38
boris

s code has been stolen from my driveway !!!!

My Garage
Quote:
Since taking over as Registrar in 2011, I found the need to start documenting KNOWN clones. The increasing numbers of clones (some very well done) necessitated the tracking as even though the may be listed as CLONE, as the cars sell down the line, the fact it is a clone may be lost. If you come across any clones, try to get the VIN and forward it to me. Donít really need the door data info, just the VIN from the dash, but if you can get the door data info, the better.

Iíve met several folks who were so proud of their California Special and truly believed it was the real deal, but truth be known, it was a clone. Nothing wrong with clones, they still bring the attention they deserve and the pride of their owners, just tracking the VINs.

For those wanting a Factory Built GT/CS or HCS, always insist on a Marti Report. If you obtain a Marti Report, Please forward a copy to me for the Registry. Thanks for all you support. Mike Jewell
just was wondering if this car VIN: 8R01C155425 shouldn't be taged a clone
boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2015, 08:08 AM   #39
somethingspecial

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris View Post
just was wondering if this car VIN: 8R01C155425 shouldn't be taged a clone
We have it tagged in the Registry as a clone. The online Registry is governed by Jon Hanna, and is subject to the owners data entry. If the owner does not want to update the online Registry to reflect this, that is their perogative and we will not insist any change. Hope you can appreciate this. Mike ps. was your S code ever recovered? I have it tagged as stolen in the Registry just in case it surfaces.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2015, 12:48 PM   #40
08gtcslady

Where can we get Marti reports for 2008 GT/CS cars? I have one but the Marti website only goes to 2007...;-(
08gtcslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2015, 02:32 AM   #41
boris

s code has been stolen from my driveway !!!!

My Garage
re clone and stole S code

Quote:
We have it tagged in the Registry as a clone. The online Registry is governed by Jon Hanna, and is subject to the owners data entry. If the owner does not want to update the online Registry to reflect this, that is their perogative and we will not insist any change. Hope you can appreciate this. Mike ps. was your S code ever recovered? I have it tagged as stolen in the Registry just in case it surfaces.
Nope not yet but this clone suddenly shows up in my green and same interior and trim package minus the s code in my neighbourhood for sale i'm getting suspicious that it may be my parts it was built from. so id like to know if there is any pictures of it before mine was stolen wearing the gt/cs parts .and thank u in advance
boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2016, 04:46 PM   #42
08gtcslady

New GT/CS Registry

I am registered on Ron Davis' registry & purchased my certificate & dash/engine plaques last year. Does anyone know how or if I can get a Marti Report for my 2008 GT/CS? The only site i found only goes to 2007. Help?!?
08gtcslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2017, 11:30 AM   #43
harryz

Aloha. First, thanks for taking on the task of maintaining the registry. I know it can be very time consuming.

I was reading a post in the main forum asking about production numbers of various options of GT/CS cars (e.g.: how many were made with a 390, 4 speed and highland green?). If this has not already been done, would it be possible to get a data dump from Kevin Marti of all the data on all CS and HCS cars. If he omits the VIN then we would have valuable data about CS & HCS production, and it would not harm his business.

I acknowledge that someone with low morals could use this info to build a fake "1 of 1" CS, but it could also help our members with resale of their own cars.

My apologies if this already exists, but I did not see it.

Harry Z

Harry Zisko
\'68 GT/CS
harryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2017, 09:34 AM   #44
somethingspecial

My Garage
Kevin Marti did a breakdown of cars and supplied it to then Registrar Paul Newitt for his book on the GT/CS. It is copyrighted and can not be posted here unfortunately. Kevin Marti was also approached about a comprehensive breakdown of options etc. which he declined as well as a complete list of VIN for the GT/CS & HCS. This info is his bread and butter and stands to make more profit on an individual basis. Can't blame the guy. FYI, there were 23 Highland green, GT390/4 speed GT/CSs produced. Mike Jewell.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2017, 12:10 PM   #45
harryz

Quote:
This info is his bread and butter...
Aloha Mike. Mahalo for the quick reply.

I was thinking that this might generate some business for Kevin, but on second thought I think the actual Marti report shows you the "1 of x" information. So, never mind...

Aloha

Harry Z

Harry Zisko
\'68 GT/CS
harryz is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions