CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 09/01/2011, 05:12 AM   #16
68 special

8R01T149485

My Garage
This is the best news. Having the registry right here for ALL to enjoy and view. Congrats to the 3 of you.

Bret
68 special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 08:33 AM   #17
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 special View Post
This is the best news. Having the registry right here for ALL to enjoy and view. Congrats to the 3 of you.

Bret
...Interactive and all inclusive... DITTO! :-)

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2011, 11:01 PM   #18
p51
My Car Details

Carpe Diem

Thanks Mike for taking on being CS Registrar.

Here's my $0.02...

It really seems that in this day and age that the only registry should be an on-line registry. A hard copy is a nice-to-have but IMO unnecessary.

Here's just a proposal. Certainly better ideas or more easily implementable ideas may (likely?) exist.

In my mind there should be a couple of goals for getting the registry in shape...

(1) Make the Registry as complete as possible, as quickly as possible, and as easily as possible.

Toward that end I'd suggest taking the Registry information in the back of Paul's book and creating an on-line entry for each car with this minimum info already included. This snapshots on-line the basic info that currently exists. Now this is a lot of work... unless you use OCR or have someone's energetic teenager working for minimum wage... or both

(2) Have the owners add as much detail as they'd like.

Lock the entries for the general public but allow owners to access their own car's entry to add details, history, photos, etc. This could be done by having an owner emailing Mike a scanned copy of a Marti report, invoice, etc. to prove ownership. Then Mike provides a unique password to that owner to unlock his car's entry to edit it.

When ownership passes to someone else the new owner either just gets the password from the old owner or else emails a Marti, etc to Mike to prove ownership and gets a new password.

(3) Anyone not already in the Registry sends a scanned Marti, etc to Mike and he provides a new clean entry for their car.

James

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2011, 11:20 PM   #19
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
Agree on the on line aspect, but a Marti does not prove ownership. Send 'em a VIN and they'll send you a report.
dalorzo_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2011, 12:32 PM   #20
747Driver

Mike, I just stumbled across another car being restored right here in Dixon that is not in Paul's database. I'll get it's info to you. Bye the way, that FoMoCo headlight is still yours whenever you're coming my way. Josh Johnson
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/16/2011, 09:57 PM   #21
747Driver

...And thanks all three of you for taking on this labor of love. For what it's worth, I think James (P-51) is on the right track. Josh
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2013, 10:38 PM   #22
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Hey Mike, are you still collecting "these"? I got them with a big load of early Mustang & Falcon parts acquired recently. Let me know & they're yours...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0499.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	16914  

Tim
Old 10/28/2013, 04:55 AM   #23
somethingspecial

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Special View Post
Hey Mike, are you still collecting "these"? I got them with a big load of early Mustang & Falcon parts acquired recently. Let me know & they're yours...
Wow Tim, Yes I do want them. I always look for old print like those. I'll call you. Mike

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2013, 07:50 PM   #24
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
Wow Tim, Yes I do want them. I always look for old print like those. I'll call you. Mike
Good!
The only condition now is that you are going to be the "go to" guy for when I need to fix something.
Keep 'em handy (alongside the Registry) and your phone batteries charged at all times!! ;-)

Tim
Old 01/10/2014, 12:24 AM   #25
boris

s code has been stolen from my driveway !!!!

My Garage
I see there was a picture of a marti report posted in marti forum from ebay 8R01J157944 how can this get on to reg if owner is unknown ?
boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2014, 07:04 AM   #26
somethingspecial

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris View Post
I see there was a picture of a marti report posted in marti forum from ebay 8R01J157944 how can this get on to reg if owner is unknown ?
With 4118 GT/CS package cars made, we try to document all the cars still living, or not, in the Registry, even if we do not know who the owner is. These cars change hands regularly and sometimes even if the owner is documented in the Registry, we don't always know when the car is sold. Any Marti Report we locate is captured and added to the Registry for future documentation of a known GT/CS. Keep them coming. Thanks.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
Old 05/21/2014, 06:28 AM   #27
somethingspecial

My Garage
Documenting KNOWN clones or tribute CSs and HCSs

Since taking over as Registrar in 2011, I found the need to start documenting KNOWN clones. The increasing numbers of clones (some very well done) necessitated the tracking as even though the may be listed as CLONE, as the cars sell down the line, the fact it is a clone may be lost. If you come across any clones, try to get the VIN and forward it to me. Donít really need the door data info, just the VIN from the dash, but if you can get the door data info, the better.

Iíve met several folks who were so proud of their California Special and truly believed it was the real deal, but truth be known, it was a clone. Nothing wrong with clones, they still bring the attention they deserve and the pride of their owners, just tracking the VINs.

For those wanting a Factory Built GT/CS or HCS, always insist on a Marti Report. If you obtain a Marti Report, Please forward a copy to me for the Registry. Thanks for all you support. Mike Jewell

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
Old 05/21/2014, 10:56 PM   #28
boris

s code has been stolen from my driveway !!!!

My Garage
keep up the good work ! there are a few cars around here im going to get the vins from, one i just posted in the for sale section and a clone up the street!
boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/2014, 10:56 PM   #29
whodat

eBay: metronash

I got word of a possible California Special in a south Louisiana junk yard. I have the number and will make the call.
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2014, 07:00 AM   #30
somethingspecial

My Garage
Thank you guys. Wanted, Dead or Alive.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions