CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/20/2005, 07:17 PM   #1
luisa2552

He bought it, look who got it!

3 speed or 4??

Hi all,
I am a proud owner of a Highland Green special. She's in fair shape, a daily driver that gets used more than my SUV! Anyway, I have a question about the Marti report. It shows my car with a 302 and 3 speed manual. It's got a 289 with a 4 speed manual. The previous owner(second he claims) replaced the engine after the 302 failed, but has never done the transmission. He had owned it 20 years. I guess it's possible it was changed out by the first owner, or can the report be wrong?? I doubt that but I'm just trying to get more info on the car. I love the 4 speed anyway and don't plan on changing it back!
Thanks, Sara
luisa2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2005, 07:36 PM   #2
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Re:3 speed or 4??

Hi Sara,
Your Marti Report is probably right. Kevin Marti really knows his stuff. I have a Highland green GT/CS too. Mine originally had a 200 6 cylinder in it but a former owner took that out and put in a 289 4 barrell with a 4 speed tranny. I love my car. I`m happy to see another female GT/CS owner on the site. I hope you stick around. :) Rhonda
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2005, 07:44 PM   #3
luisa2552

He bought it, look who got it!

Thanks for the reply Rhonda. I love my car too. Even my husband doesn't get it. It started out to be his car- he got it in a trade for some work . But he just didn't give it the time it deserves so it's mne now. He's looking for a project car. I like this one in the original shape it's in which is pretty good. It needs a new dash pad and the seats recovered, but thats about it. New paint next month, but it doesn't look too bad now. The kids love it when I pick them up from school in it! Take care, Sara
luisa2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/20/2005, 08:06 PM   #4
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage

Thats great to hear Sara. I`m glad you are enjoying your car. Its the same with me. My kids thought I had bought an ugly car (I guess because of the green color) but when their friends started telling them it was the coolest car they`d ever seen, they changed their minds real quick. They absolutely love it now. Mine is in about the same condition as yours, it sounds like. Mine needs a paint job, but from 20 feet away it looks like a show winner. It has all new interior but some of it still needs to be installed. Rhonda
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions