CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04/13/2005, 03:27 PM   #1
Russ

Mustangs Forever

eBay: g350t

Small Block Engine Rebuilding

I'm getting ready to start the restoration of my "project" GT/CS and will start with the 302 engine. As I was looking for components for the engine rebuild, I came across a catalog that advertised everything needed to rebuild a '68 302 engine for $199.99 with free shipping.

I thought this price was too good to be true, so I called and then ordered the rebuild kit. The kit came today, and boy, it is fantastic!!! The kit contained pistons/pins, piston rings, camshaft, hydraulic lifters, timing gears/chain set, oil pump, main and rod bearings, freeze plugs and a complete gasket set. The kit has name brand items like Federal Mogul, Hastings, etc, so I think the engine will turn out great. Any piston/ring and bearing size can be ordered at no extra charge.

The company is Northern Auto Parts in Sioux City, IA. Phone 1-800-831-0884. Just looking at what I received, I would recommend this kit to anyone.

Hope this helps,
Russ
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions