• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sixth (?) time's a charm

case12

Interesting to note how the bidding went. It looks like it made it to $15K and then at the last moments shot up to $25k (supposedly to meet reserve???). See below. Casey

mlclcoats8ht9 ( 106) US $24,999.00 Feb-06-05 01:32:39
mlclcoats8ht9 ( 106) US $24,999.00 Feb-06-05 00:16:14 mlclcoats8ht9 ( 106) US $19,501.00 Feb-05-05 22:41:34 winglow ( 76) US $14,999.00 Feb-05-05 17:12:40
rtymtnbikr ( 70) US $14,951.00 Feb-05-05 15:53:32
winglow ( 76) US $14,600.00 Feb-05-05 07:50:00
rtymtnbikr ( 70) US $14,501.00 Feb-01-05 18:41:28

68gt390

It's great to see that this particular car finally sold if in deed it did sell. From looking at the bidding history it's a very good possibility that there may have been some bid pushing just to get the price up and the reserve met. It wouldn't supprise me to see this car show up on ebay again in a few weeks. I tend to agree with what was posted by jbsteven. On the other hand, if it did sell for $24,999 with a salvage title and a non-original motor it just enhances out cars even that much more with a good title. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen bids pushed on a particular item on ebay even though they say it's illegal and is investigated. That's just my take on this one.

Don :eek:

nfrntau

Something fishy here as far as the bids go. The bid went from 14,999 a guy named winglow. Then two bids from the same guy mlclcoats8ht9. 19,501 and then 24,999 ??

Mosesatm "Arlie" and myself went to look at this car over the weekend. To be generous the car has some issues. We believe the car has been in a wreck at some time in the past due to panel alignment and the rear end sags at the drivers side slightly. The roof was not straight and the headliner had some damage. The underside of the hood was painted black. The grill moldings were also painted black. Steering wheel is cracked in several places. There were other items also. This particular GT/CS is far from a 19,000 dollar car. I suspect we will see this car up for sale again in the not too distant future. It is possible it will be shipped overseas to be sold there.

We were told that many of the cars sold from that warehouse find homes overseas.
The woman who runs the place was very nice and graciously showed us many of the thirty plus cars she had in her warehouse.
I must say I really enjoyed looking at them.

OP
OP
mmarsalone

mmarsalone

I thought the same thing, that we probably haven't seen the last of this GT CS. I was going to say in my original post that I figured it would show up on Ebay again with a " Deadbeat Bidder" excuse, but held back for fear that possibly the new "owner" my check out this site. Anyway, the first thing I did was check out other Ebay purchases by the winner. Seems this person is into buying jewelry. Did see any other Auto related items.

Mike

Mosesatm

The thing that bothered me the most with the car wasn't even the car itself it was that the ad is misleading. There is no mention of the torn headliner, or the dented roof, or the weird paint/body filler bubble thing on the front passenger fender. It also has a '67 grille.

Adding up the fact that the leading edge of the passenger door had fender scrape marks on it while the drivers gaps were huge, the '67 grille, and the poor body work on the passenger fender I came to the conclusion that the car had been hit hard in the front. If you look at the pictures you can see that the door/fender gaps are not the same width.

It's entirely possible that the panels are just poorly aligned and the car never was wrecked. But then there's the salvage title. Another nail in the coffin.

All in all this car just didn't feel right to either Bill or I.

Didn't really believe all the stories the woman was telling us either.

Mosesatm

[quote author=x-codegtcs link=board=1;threadid=1387;start=0#msg8085 date=1107827786]
Did it really have tilt steering?
[/quote]

I didn't look for the tilt steering when I was there since I was having too much fun picking apart the body. Bill spent more time studying the interior than I did so maybe he can shed some light on the tilt steering. The pictures don't show any levers other than the turn signal stalk but the wheel is definitely tilted. Is the tilt controlled by the steering wheel stalk?

This car is like a bad dream in that I continue to remem ber the things that bothered me. Another one was that the sceen on the drivers side scoop was nearly flush with the front edge of the scoop. Another indication of a drivers side impact.

Also didn't like the moist dirt I pulled out of the bottom of the trunk and under the rear wheel wells but I forgot to bring a magnet to check for filler.

I still think this thing was bashed pretty hard and restored.

-=MUSTANG=-

We'll see this one again, unless the buyer is 100% clueless about mustang values.

I also doubt the reason for the salvage title. First off who steals a mustang for a 302 and a C4 auto, secondly, in the "early seventies" 302 motors and C4 transmission were practically falling off the truck. I'm suspect that about 4 years of depreciation led to a salvage title for "just" a missing motor and trans.

I surmise the motor and trans flew out of the car when it was broadsided and flew so far they couldn't be found, hence the replacement.

nfrntau

I can't say about the tilt steering. I sat in the car played with the buttons, looked around a bit but didn't look for tilt steering. Nothing jumped out about the steering different than mine and mine does not have the tilt.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1387;start=0#msg8097 date=1107901519]
I can't say about the tilt steering. I sat in the car played with the buttons, looked around a bit but didn't look for tilt steering. Nothing jumped out about the steering different than mine and mine does not have the tilt.
[/quote]

do you remember if it had 2 buttons on the door jam near the hinge (you know the ones for the light switch)?

x-codegtcs

Of course the photos do not show the jamb. Judging from the length of the switch harness cover and nfnrtau's comments, I doubt it is a tilt. Unless of course, the tilting is to the left and right in a circular fashion... :p

That and the mud aside - someone will not be too happy once they find out what they really got...