CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/26/2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Sarge

My Garage
Another Cal Special spotted in Sacramento area

So I'm going into my local gas station tonight, and as I come out I see a red Cal Special at the pumps. The gentleman driving is in his car talking on his cell phone, and I mouth the words "I have a California Special too". He ends his conversation, and gets out and we talk about the cars for about 10 minutes.

It seems he has owned this car for over 30 years, handed it down to his daughter and his son as a car to drive while in school (lucky kids), and is now driving it occasionally. He lives in the Roseville area, northeast of Sacramento. The Special is very clean and straight, with a nice paint job, 289 and automatic, center console, Lucas fog lamps, and that is about it for the options.

He has a cracked lens on one of his fog lamps and has been somewhat looking to replace the lens. I mentioned this site as a place where he ought to visit and check in, and maybe someone can direct him to where he can get a replacement.

Anyway, I just had to run home and get the story out. Renee would be proud of me!

Robert
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions