CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/22/2009, 02:23 PM   #1
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Your Book is Complete Buy Now!!!

Well I can finally say the books are done, a whole lot of early mornings and late nights and a lot of coffee, 3 months and 2 weeks to the day from when I started the first book they are uploaded and ready for you to purchase, took awhile but I’m glad I’m done.

I hope I took what each of you gave me and turned it into something you can cherish for a long time. I know I’ve said thank you many times through email but I want to say it one more time, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share this with each of you that participated. It was a lot of fun to make the books and read each of your stories. I can certainly say over the past week I’ve read them time and time again and I’m sure I still missed some errors, I apologize for any mistakes.

I wish I could afford to buy everyone that participated their first book but I just can’t quite swing it, I wish they weren’t as expensive as they are but it is what it is and I hope each of you can afford to at least get one book, you will not regret it. Those that didn’t participate will love the book as well, they are great books representing the California Special and High Country Special cars and owners like nothing that’s been done before.

You can preview the books here by using these links. Please let me know what you think and when you get your books I’d love to hear from you as to what you think. I don’t know if you need to be a member of Blurb to buy a book where I’m already a member so check it out and see what it takes to get one on the way. If anyone has any problems with the link or figuring out how to make a purchase let me know. There are two books, one small 10x8 and one large 13x11 the choice is yours, I have one of each on the way already.

Enjoy!!

Small Book

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/823278

Large Book

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/823017

Here's a promo code for up to $10 in free shipping. No telling how long it will last. In the "Promo Code" box enter: hpfreeshipping

Last edited by admin; 08/28/2009 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: added promo code

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Mosesatm

Wow, amazing job Hook!!!

Just ordered 2 large ones.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 03:44 PM   #3
JohnnyQuest515
My Car Details

Looking for another GT/CS

Sorry I missed being entered in the book, being out of town and then on vacation didn't help.

Hopefully you checked for typos?!

I found this just on the excerpt about the book.

This book is about the 1968 California Special Mustang and the owners of the cars from the web site californiaspecial.com. If you like the muscle car era and Mustangs you will love this book, it is the acutal stories of the owners as told by themselves and then photos of their cars.

FYI< Randy

CSX4853
09'GT500KR
JohnnyQuest515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 03:58 PM   #4
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest515 View Post
Sorry I missed being entered in the book, being out of town and then on vacation didn't help.

Hopefully you checked for typos?!

I found this just on the excerpt about the book.

This book is about the 1968 California Special Mustang and the owners of the cars from the web site californiaspecial.com. If you like the muscle car era and Mustangs you will love this book, it is the acutal stories of the owners as told by themselves and then photos of their cars.

FYI< Randy
Oh I checked, I've read through the book a 1000 times and I'm sure I still missed something, after reading it that many times you just get to the point it isn't doing any good anymore, spell checked it as well but any time you make any formatting adjustments is can mess it up so I'm sure there are mistakes, luckily this isn't in the book just on the blurb web site so I can go fix it.

Cory

Cory
Old 08/22/2009, 04:03 PM   #5
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Cory, the preview is so heartwarming. I can't thank you enough. Thanks for mentioning me in the intro and I'm already appreciating my CS mostly because of the generosity of CS.com members here.

Can't wait to get my copies ordered. Thank you for your hard effort in producing a book inside of THREE MONTHS!!

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 04:05 PM   #6
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm View Post
Wow, amazing job Hook!!!

Just ordered 2 large ones.
Thanks Arlie, I hope you enjoy the crap out of them.

Cory

Cory
Old 08/22/2009, 04:08 PM   #7
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoo28 View Post
Cory, the preview is so heartwarming. I can't thank you enough. Thanks for mentioning me in the intro and I'm already appreciating my CS mostly because of the generosity of CS.com members here.

Can't wait to get my copies ordered. Thank you for your hard effort in producing a book inside of THREE MONTHS!!
Thanks Amy, took a little over three months but I think it will be worth it's weight in gold. ;-) I went back and ordered another one to throw on my desk at work, I've got three coming now. One large imprinted cover, one small hard bound dust jacket so I have the inside flaps with the little quotes and one soft cover for the desk at work. Can't wait to see them in print.

Cory

Cory
Old 08/22/2009, 05:17 PM   #8
di81977

Just ordered a large one, can't wait to see it and read all the stories. Huge thanks to Cory!

david
di81977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 05:40 PM   #9
green56

Thanks Cory just ordered my book will be here next week sometime would like to take my hat off to you for doing and taking all your time to put this book to gether
Thanks Tom From WI
green56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Perkchiro
My Car Details

eBay: Perkchiro

Just ordered mine. Thanks for all the sleepless nights, coffee binges, and hours of editing and reading and re-reading. Cory, you're the best!

Steve in Missouri
1968 Candyapple Red J Code California Special
Perkchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2009, 08:46 PM   #11
hookedtrout

My Garage
With all the warm heartfelt thanks I sure hope it's all you guys and gals hope it is.

Makes me nervous when members tell me they just ordered 4 books. Maybe I should have kept quiet until I got mine in hand and made sure they turn out like they look on the screen, I guess I haven't been let down yet on the 5 books I've already made through them.

You certainly are welcome.

Cory

Cory
Old 08/22/2009, 09:01 PM   #12
p51
My Car Details

Carpe Diem

Just looked at it on line. Very nice!

James

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 12:39 AM   #13
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Cory, How exciting and HOW generous of you! Words can't describe what you have done, so I won't try, but we WILL buy!!!

Thank you for all your inspiration, patience and hard work!

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 07:15 AM   #14
bish

Prior Owner 68 HCS Current owner of #2103 68 GT350 & 84.5 Anniversary Vert

Smile great job!

Awesome job! you should be very proud of your effort

Bish
Prior owner of 68HCS
Current owner 68 GT350 #2103
10 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue w/ Sliver
bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 09:58 AM   #15
hookedtrout

My Garage
Page Difference Explanation

The question has been asked as to why there are a different number of pages in the small vs the large book, great question so here is my explanation to try and clear up any confusion.

The large book is only 200 pages because it took less pages to get it all in, the books although containing the same information and relatively the same photos are not formatted identical. So even though they are telling the same story they are laid out differently. Some photos were large enough to fill an entire page in the small book however in the large book they were not so I had to lay out two photos per page based on the size/quality.

The idea behind the small and large was primarily my idea to see if the costs would come out close where the large book would take less pages yet offer larger photos, at first I was just going to do it for my own sake to see what would happen but decided I might as well upload them both and give everyone an option. Where it takes three pages in the small book to lay out someone’s story it only took one page in the large book so you could fill the next two pages with their photos. Some spreads in the small book took 5-6 pages to get it all in (story & photos) where the large book I could get all the story and photos on 3.

In essence either book will have the same stories and for the most part all the same photos and the chapters are laid out in the same sequence so you don’t need to buy two books to get the story, it’s just your choice.

Clear as mud?

Cory

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions