CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 09/24/2008, 07:53 PM   #1
PNewitt

The Happy Place you drive your GT/CS to.

You must have a special place that you drive your GT/CS to....that is, a lonely road, or that big oak tree, a favorite drive in or diner, or on a highway so you can let'r rip...

Tell us your favorite place that you take your CS to....
Where it makes your world all at peace...and you can get back to yourself....

Where you can park, stand and lean on the fender, and cross your arms and look out at the sunset...

Where is that place for you?

Paul N.
Old 09/24/2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Doug
My Car Details

I love driving my car when I drop off the kids to school. I think itís because itís their time; or maybe because it reminds me of when I was growing up. Or maybe itís because I just like driving it in the cool fresh morning hours.

66 Shelby GT 350, 55 Chev Nomad my sons 07 Shelby GT#4208. SOLD Candy Apple Red 390GTAuto w/air - Now in Australia.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Mustang1
My Car Details

Black Mamba

From Fort Bragg to Pismo Beach south along the Highway 1 in California. This is some of the best scenery and drive for me. The roads are curvy and over looking the ocean, you may catch a perfect sunset driving along this road. Make a stop at Bodega Bay, Half Moon Bay, or Morro Bay and you got yourself
one heck of a sunset to see. I've taken many pictures along this road and it truly is a breath taking pleasure to behold. This is where I can be free and just leave my troubles behind for a few hours of driving pleasure. Just me and my Stang, listening to that engine roar as I shift into each gear winding down on that curvy highway. Really takes me back to my youth.
Mustang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2008, 09:12 PM   #4
J.Bart
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to J.Bart
anywhere, my cs is my happy place.

jbart
J.Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 01:26 AM   #5
davidathans
My Car Details

Best e.t. : 11.042, Fastest speed: 124.08, Best 60' : 1.615, 0 to 100 in 6.98

Bobs Big Boy in Burbank comes to mind...or california speedway in Fontana :)
davidathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 06:05 AM   #6
green56

my trip is driving out of the subdivison go thru the downtown Milwaukee and the drive along Lake Michgain and park alone lake drive and watch the sail boats out on the water and watch them playing vollyball
green56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 07:32 AM   #7
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
I enjoy driving my kids to school or to events. The smile on their faces when we pull up and other kids are looking at the car and pointing. They close the door and walk away, then look back and smile big with a wave. Then when they get home, they tell me about how the other kids really liked the car and thought it was cool.

Also just like picking up pizza with my daughter. She likes to go and watch people give the thumbs up or honk horns.

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 09:33 AM   #8
66hcs-conv
My Car Details

66 HCS-conv, Columbine blue & 2001 Cobra conv

My Garage
Hi gang,

We live right outside Rocky Montain National Park in Colorado. So my favorite drive is into the park, where we always see elk and sometimes big horn sheep, can see Longs Peak (14,000+ feet) and the whole front range. Its about 75 degress today and humidity in the single digits . . . . I hear the Mustang calling me . . . I gotta go.

Have fun! Dave
66hcs-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 09:47 AM   #9
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Where ever and when ever my 10 year old wants to go for a ride.

Cory

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 11:32 AM   #10
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

You guys are probably going to hate me for saying this.....but I honestly get out a folding chair in the garage, prop my feet up on something, with a cold drink in my hand, and just look at my GT/CS......sometimes I then fall asleep. That is my favorite spot . (and, yes, I do drive it around too ). Casey

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 12:00 PM   #11
karolscali
My Car Details

funny just had it yesterday, up here in canada the leaves on the trees are a changing and it is just beautiful, so i drove my gt/cs out to my cabin at the lake, it is still warm enough during the day to take in the fresh air, listen to some cool tunes enjoy the sound of my car and wish i could do this more.
ps my time is limited to drive as the white stuff will be upon us
karolscali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 12:05 PM   #12
sam

I have a 30 mile run that has a small stretch of highway (where I can bring her up to 65 - 70mph), and the rest is mainly country winding back road. The drive is in southern NH and threads through scenic farm / horse country.
This time of year is especially scenic as we drive past apple orchards and farm stands that are all decked out for Fall. All my kids (who are grown up now) as well as my wife are familiar with what we call "the Stang run."
One of the most favored rituals is to stop at a country store early in the AM on a Saturday or Sunday and have a breakfast sandwhich on one of the benches in the town common. Typical New England.
After owning my car for 12 years, I can say I still get excited and feel blessed to own a great example of a vintage Mustang.

Sam

it\'s great to own a 68\' ......live free or die
Sam
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 03:14 PM   #13
1968cal
My Car Details

I have to agree with Mustang 1 There is no other beautiful drive than down the california coast on Hwy. 1 Especialy in Monterey on the 17 mile drive. You have the Pacific ocean on one side and the beautiful golf links of monterey on the other. It will definitely take your mind off the road !!!
A must drive road. Steve.
1968cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 05:05 PM   #14
OUR P51

I agree w/ JBART, my CS is my happy place. CASE12 I do something similar, sometimes I just go into the garage and say a prayer of thanks to Lord Jesus for blessing me with my beautiful wife, kids, home and our GT/CS Convertible.
Favorite drives, home from work, when I pick up my special needs daughter and step on it onto the 101 on ramp. She laughs out loud and says "I love that noise!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OURP51.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	7740  

Mark

2007 GT/CS Black Convertible, Dove Gray Interior
OUR P51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2008, 06:34 PM   #15
sam

Nice story Mark.............nice car too.
Sam

it\'s great to own a 68\' ......live free or die
Sam
sam is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions