CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/26/2008, 07:40 PM   #1
somethingspecial

My Garage
2008 Cruisin' for Cops Memorial Run and Car show

Today the Sacramento Ca. Law Enforcement Chaplaincy put on the 2008 Memorial Motorcycle run and Car show in Placerville, Ca. This Run commemorates fallen officers and benifits the Sacramento Chaplaincy. We took both GT/CSs and the Model A coupe and had a great time. We won the Sheriff's Pick award for the Green car, but better than that was while we were sitting there, a man walked up and said to his buddy, "When I was in High School, Me and a friend took a California Special and customized it by cutting and flaring the fenders". Well, This caught my attention quickly. I stood up and asked him what color the car was. He told me "Candy Jade Green". My jaw dropped open and and I told him the car he was looking at was the car he hacked up. He asked me if it had Leopard skin interior and that confirmed he was the person who modified this car in the 70s.
I asked him who his buddy is, and he told me his name and told me his buddys mother was the original owner of the car. He started telling me things about the car that I knew, but never devulged to anyone. I showed him pictures of the car and he became very excited and said it was the car, and he, his buddy and the High School Auto shop teacher painted the car.
He was sooooo excited he went home and got his wife and brought her back to see the car, as she remembered it from High School. Come to find out, the car was always believed to be from Placer High School in Auburn, Ca., but was in reality from Ponderosa High School in Placerville. He told me he would contact his buddy and would put me in touch with him and his mother for further details. He said they did this in 1976, which is when the car was sold to a car lot in Sacramento. This was the missing link to the full history of the car. I will keep you posted when I make contact with the original owner. Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mem run pic.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	7242  
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2008, 08:24 PM   #2
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2008, 08:48 PM   #3
cnassif

Getting back in the Mustang Game

My Garage
What a great experience!!!!

Christian
cnassif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2008, 09:54 PM   #4
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Absolutely amazing!!!!

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2008, 06:33 AM   #5
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
That is soooo COOL! Talk about a small world. I would love to find original owners of my cars---or current owners of some of my previously owned cars.

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2008, 07:00 AM   #6
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Awesome!!!! That would make my day, month, year!!!

I still have a gap between the original owner and subsequent owners I cant fill.

Way to go....Get the car out there for people to see, and get this in return!!

Casey

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2008, 07:25 PM   #7
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details

That is wonderful..
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2008, 09:28 AM   #8
HappyHour

Leopard skin interior, ahhh the 70's??!! Definitely need to see pics of that!!

Robert
68 J Code SoCal Special
94 Defender 90 #16 "Best 4x4xfar"
HappyHour is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions