CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 02/19/2008, 01:00 AM   #1
PNewitt

Black LeMans Stripes on a Black '07-'08 GT/CS ??

So, who, after watching Knight Rider, and after seeing that black-on-black GT-500 KR...is going to add black matte LeMans (over the top) Stripes to your black '07 - '08 GT/CS??

Sounds like a cool idea...I'm getting into the idea. It looks real formal, and sexy.

...of course, the same setup would look neat on a '68 Black GT/CS, too.

and...anyone think of--or check out just how difficult it would be to put a Shelby nose on your '07-'08 CS? That could be fun.

Paul N.
Old 02/19/2008, 05:43 AM   #2
koronen

I had been thinking about it for awhile, and had recently started thinking about the shelby nose thing. I found the part for it, but I would want to keep the CS bumper and just change it to have the slanted lights...however, I am not sure if I would be able to keep the HID headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWDVW

That kit comes with everything to change the front from a GT to looking like a GT500, I haven't been able to just find the part I want yet.
koronen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2008, 09:58 PM   #3
GTCS07
My Car Details

Car sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by koronen View Post
I had been thinking about it for awhile, and had recently started thinking about the shelby nose thing. I found the part for it, but I would want to keep the CS bumper and just change it to have the slanted lights...however, I am not sure if I would be able to keep the HID headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWDVW

That kit comes with everything to change the front from a GT to looking like a GT500, I haven't been able to just find the part I want yet.
The swap isn't hard, just alot of money to do right. About $3,500 in parts plus paint and labor. The bumper cover and headlights are both different from a CS. I would consider doing it to a GT that had been hit lightly in the front but a CS all ready has a unique look.
GTCS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2008, 10:17 PM   #4
J.Bart
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to J.Bart
i don't know paul,
i didn't get to see knight rider, and i'm still mift about it. nbc was down all night, i guess i get to check it out sat.

jbart
J.Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2008, 10:32 PM   #5
koronen

I just wanted to do the lights but keep the bumper if I did it at all.
koronen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2008, 12:33 PM   #6
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=54572

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2008, 04:27 PM   #7
hotrodgrany
My Car Details

My Fast Stangs

eBay: leona289

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
has anyone seen this?
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...tml?vid=215940
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2008, 10:06 PM   #8
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

I had to choose between a black '07 Shelby-H and the '08 Cali last Oct. Liked the Shelby a LOT but the only difference (besides 50 more HP) was the shifter, the snub nosed hood, the hood locks, 500 less audio wattage, stripes (gold), and $7k more. See my gallery pic of them both. I was proud that my dealer today joked about wanting to trade my Cali for the '08 Shelby-H. We even went for a test drive, but I came home with my beloved Cali. He said KITT has crazed people to buy up the black GTs.
No, I won't alter my '08 with any stripe other than the GT/CS side stripe. If I wanted a Shelby I would've purchased it instead. I may yet... that black KR is a beauty!!!

P.S. Dealer had 2 '08 candy apple CS coupes and one '08 white CS convertible.

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2008, 02:14 PM   #9
Ladystang
My Car Details

Member of South Jersey Mustang Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
So, who, after watching Knight Rider, and after seeing that black-on-black GT-500 KR...is going to add black matte LeMans (over the top) Stripes to your black '07 - '08 GT/CS??

Sounds like a cool idea...I'm getting into the idea. It looks real formal, and sexy.

...of course, the same setup would look neat on a '68 Black GT/CS, too.

and...anyone think of--or check out just how difficult it would be to put a Shelby nose on your '07-'08 CS? That could be fun.

Paul N.
Wouldn't change a thing about my CS. What I would do, is maybe buy another car like that! I love the look of that car. Wonder if I can talk hubby into that.
Ladystang is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions