CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/16/2006, 01:02 PM   #1
PNewitt

Marti Report Will Be Needed for GT/CS Registry

...Well, not exactly, but I wanted to get your attention about this service, that will authenticate your GT/CS, or HCS. It's important for all of us to do.

Since the new GT/CS Recognition Guide will be a nice, hardbound book, with color photos of the cars in the Registry, I would like to emphasize just how important it is to get a copy of the Marti Report, and to (snail) mail me a copy (black and white in OK, color not needed). Mail a copy of your Marti Report to me ASAP at:

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

(I have already received many Marti Report copies, and I wish to thank those that have gone to the trouble to do so).

In the registry, the listings of cars and owners will have a separate column for "Marti Report". This is NOT absolutely necessasy, but I think you'll want it, to show your friends in print that your CS is authentic.

Here is the website about how to get a report:

https://secure.alevelhigher.com/mart...vinreports.cfm

If that page doesn't come up, then go to:

http://martiautoworks.com/
...and click on "your VIN report".

There are three levels. For the Registry, you'll only need the "Basic" level report, which is $17.

(as written on the Marti Autoworks site: "...you can fax, mail, or phone in. Marti Auto Works, 12007 W. Peoria, El Mirage AZ 85335. Phone (623)935-2558 or Fax (623)935-2579. Turnaround time is currently about 7 business days for the standard and deluxe reports while we are in the process of reorganizing. Elite reports take about six months."

For the same of time, do not get the elite report, since it will take too long. I beleive you can get an "upgrade" for the elite version at a later time, with the credit of the basic report (see the site for details).

The only other option, which is acceptable (within the GT/CS Registry) is copies of the original dealer paperwork, including the invoice, with the GT/CS option listed.

Please do this today...and, as it might sound like a "plug" for Marti, it's just a good idea, and it helps everyone... Tell them that I sent you.

thanks!! Paul N.

p.s. cars with Marti Reports, sent to the Registry, will qualify for the under-hood GT/CS Registry plaque, available in late 2006. It will include part of your VIN engraved right into the plaque.
Old 10/17/2006, 12:20 PM   #2
luisa2552

He bought it, look who got it!

I think I sent mine in with my car info, but I'll send another copy.

Sara
Highland Green GT/CS
luisa2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2006, 02:59 PM   #3
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Paul N.

Can you publish a list of names that have already sent a report?? I hate to send another if you already have a copy for most of us??

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2006, 12:41 PM   #4
PNewitt

I "could" provide a list of names with Marti Reports, but that would take me a few days to accomplish. I'm looking at about 3000 pieces of paper, just in the Registry! AAHH!!

I think if anyone is unsure, they should send another (B&W) photocopy. This would be the best way to help me out, since I'm quite busy.

It's not a bad idea, just time consuming.

Thanks anyway,

Paul N.
Old 10/19/2006, 11:29 AM   #5
zozobra

it's in the mail

Paul,

I just dropped a copy of my Marti report in the mail. I do have two questions.

1. When do you think the new book will be out? (I'm dying to get my hands on one)

2. When I originally signed up on this site I was looking at a CS which I subsequently bought. How do I update my statistics? I looked the other day and had forgotten I had sigined up as thinking about one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
zozobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2006, 11:35 AM   #6
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozobra
Paul,

I just dropped a copy of my Marti report in the mail. I do have two questions.

1. When do you think the new book will be out? (I'm dying to get my hands on one)

2. When I originally signed up on this site I was looking at a CS which I subsequently bought. How do I update my statistics? I looked the other day and had forgotten I had sigined up as thinking about one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
I'm giving myself the time to do it right, so I'm saying "Spring '07"....but I am working hard on it every day. All other projects of mine are on hold. I want to see this out ASAP more than anyone!

You can still (snail) mail me anything you need to update your forms about your car. We're setting it up by VIN, so if anyone else sends something, please write your VIN at the top of the page.

thanks for sending your information,
Paul N.
Old 10/19/2006, 11:58 PM   #7
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Hey Paul, I was just wondering if you had recieved those pics I sent out to you a few weeks ago. If you`re too busy, you don`t need to respond. I trust you did.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2006, 11:42 AM   #8
zozobra

original registry

Paul,

Several of us at my office were discussing the upcoming registry versus the original one. The question came up as to how many copies of the original registry were produced (we're all engineers with that kind of curiosity). Are you willing to say roughly how many were printed? Just really curious.
zozobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2006, 04:23 PM   #9
PNewitt

About 3K of the first (1989) book, and 500 of the (1996) second book.

Paul N.
Old 10/28/2006, 01:39 PM   #10
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt
About 3K of the first (1989) book, and 500 of the (1996) second book.

Paul N.
Uh-oh the value of the 1996 book just skyrocketed

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2006, 02:00 PM   #11
PNewitt

It's ironic, since I "sat" on both books for years, selling them over an 8-10 year period.

Then the internet came along, and brought EBAY, and this site....

....and then JB bought a book for "big bucks", ("in$piration") and we're here now with a new book, and lots of interest.

How times change. I don't even see tossed and smashed 8-track cartridges along the freeway anymore! LOL!!

Paul N.
Old 10/30/2006, 08:40 AM   #12
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
Quote:
It's ironic, since I "sat" on both books for years, selling them over an 8-10 year period.

Then the internet came along, and brought EBAY, and this site....

....and then JB bought a book for "big bucks", ("in$piration") and we're here now with a new book, and lots of interest.

How times change. I don't even see tossed and smashed 8-track cartridges along the freeway anymore! LOL!!

Paul N.

So you are saying I helped to get the new registry made (in a small way of course)? cool

Last edited by 390cs68rcode; 10/30/2006 at 08:59 AM..

2005 Ford GT (2000hp)226.2 mph in the standing mile, 2008 Superleggera UGR X Version (2000+hp),2014 S63, 89 IROC 30k miles, 150 shot NOS
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 09:29 PM   #13
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Avalanced!!!

Quote:
I'm giving myself the time to do it right, so I'm saying "Spring '07"....but I am working hard on it every day. All other projects of mine are on hold. I want to see this out ASAP more than anyone!

You can still (snail) mail me anything you need to update your forms about your car. We're setting it up by VIN, so if anyone else sends something, please write your VIN at the top of the page.

thanks for sending your information,
Paul N.
Whoa!! You got avalanged with more Marti Reports and Pictures of these beauties than you anticipated!!! The more you get,... the more we realize that these CS's are coming out from the wood work and making themselves known. Lord knows I've hidden mine long enough and it's time for it to come out of hiding. BTW, I did send you the photos and the Marti report about 2 or 3 months back. So you have the info on this one. Since you have received the Marti Report and the photos, a fellow mustanger (Quicknick) was very kind to send me a rear view mirror that I need to install on my driver's side of the door. I owe him pictures yet before and after the installation.

Stacey
Stacey Enderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 09:34 PM   #14
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Talking Good Idea! Just like Ford has a better Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSlim
Paul N.

Can you publish a list of names that have already sent a report?? I hate to send another if you already have a copy for most of us??

Paul

Good Idea! If such a list is posted, it'll save Paul N, lots of work and avoid duplication!

Stacey
Stacey Enderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 10:29 PM   #15
PNewitt

What we've done with the registry is first physically lay out the fairly recent registrations, from the past two years; in order of VIN group (i.e. all the 143,000s, then all the 144,000s, etc...)

Then we take all the subsequent photos, notes, letters, CDs and other items, and clip them to the same VIN pages. Data from registrations from this website are cross-referenced, and added. We even included a "zillion" index cards of GT/CS and HCS VIN and data plate info from Bob Teets (and a few other "eagle eye" folks), spotted on EBAY, or in person. Other info from my private messages and e-mails are included, too.

After that, we dug out the four (3" size) binders worth of old GT/CS Survey and Registry pages, from as far back as 1985, and put them into the same VIN order, and attached any similar VIN pages to the recent ones. This will show us if any cars changed hands, updates, new photos, etc. We have some pretty old photos of cars, with a few of the same cars restored by new owners (or the same owners).

As you can see, this is tedious work. Sometimes, it's detective work..

I'll go over them all, and make a list of Marti Reports that we have, in order of VIN; then post them here. It should be in about a week.

and BTW--Stacey, it's good to see you here again posting!

Paul :-)

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions