CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03/09/2006, 11:25 AM   #1
68Fan
My Car Details

I won't retire but I might retread

Send a message via Yahoo to 68Fan
Question Vacuum Issues & Diagram Needed

I have a 289 v2 w/ AC and I’m having trouble with the vacuum lines both at the front of the motor (distributor & thermostat housing/vacuum tree) & at the rear of the motor (vacuum reservoir & intake manifold). Currently there are 3 lines “capped” and my distributor is a single vacuum distrib. So you can see I'm in quite a bind.

Questions:

- How should my distributor & vacuum tree hosing be properly installed? (Example: hose from dist should go to the top “nipple” of the vacuum tree, etc.) And is it worth going back to a 2 vacuum distributor?

-Where should my vacuum tree hoses lead? Carb and Air Cleaner?

-Being my distributor is missing a vacuum nipple (single vacuum) should I not worry about the missing vacuum line running to the back of the intake manifold vacuum valve?

-Where should my vacuum reservoir lead? One line runs to the heater control valve the other line was missing.

-Description of the intake manifold vacuum lines.

Detailed diagrams and/or pictures would be appreciated. The “why” would be great to chew on too. I just got my transmission in and now I’m working on the engine and want to ensure things are done right. . I’ve looked through numerous restoration guides, shop manuals, websites, etc….now I’m turning to the experts. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.
68Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions