CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11/25/2005, 09:03 AM   #1
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
California Special verses the Shelby

I would really like to get some imput on the subject of the Shelby influence regarding the California Special. I know we`ve discussed this at length but I feel something needs to be clarified. I read the other day on a site that the California Special is in no way a Shelby. So how much of a Shelby is Mustang and/or Ford? Are Shelbys Mustangs or Cobras? Why does`nt the California Special have the Ford logo anywhere on it, except on the individual parts where it says FOMOCO? Don`t the Shelby`s have the same parts?I don`t want my car to be a Shelby, but I would like it to be worth as much as one. I guess, since people don`t know much about them ,is why they are not recognized as being as rare and expensive? That does`nt make any sense. Maybe the California Special was Ford`s rendition of the Shelby and should be recognized as such. I would like to know how much Shelby influence there is in an actual Shelby compared to the California Special. Any comments?

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions