CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/08/2005, 08:20 AM   #1
Mosesatm

Rear Seat Foam

I've decided to rebuild the seats in my car and can easily find seat foam for the front seats (expensive!!!) but can't find any vendor for rear seat foam. Any suggestions?
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2005, 08:43 AM   #2
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Re:Rear Seat Foam

I did the seats for my 65. I just used 1" foam, cut it to the shape and size of the frame, then glued a second layer that was big enough to wrap around the edges of the frame. It worked pretty well.

I also couldn't find any pre-formed foam for the rear seats.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2005, 10:11 AM   #3
bbeatty

I've never seen a vendor offer precut padding for the back seat. Sounds like a business opportunity for someone because I read this question a lot.

I just made my own by adding foam and stuffing until it looked right and felt right. I figured it didn't matter too much as I'm getting too old to spend much time back there anyway! ;)
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2005, 10:43 AM   #4
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage

LOL
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2005, 07:29 AM   #5
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1876;start=0#msg12324 date=1120836006]
I've decided to rebuild the seats in my car and can easily find seat foam for the front seats (expensive!!!) but can't find any vendor for rear seat foam. Any suggestions?
[/quote]

As you all are finding out, front seat foam is easy to find. At present there is no vendor that makes rear seat foam. I searched high and low and was told everytime, you've got to do your own thing when it comes to the back seats. I used what they call Poly-Fil Nu-Foam. Simply bought strips of it from a local hobby shop and glued them together until I got the right shape and density I wanted. Doesn't really have to be to perfect on the rear since my rear seats don't get used except for my 10' by 10' pop-up canopy. It just takes a little patience and artistry.

Don ;)
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions