• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Were to order parts from

wigman

It has come time in my restoration to start ordering parts for my car. I just wanted to find out were everyone likes to order there parts from. I have ordered a couple things from NPR and did not really like the quality of what they sent me. I wanted to order most of my stuff from Tony Branda but when I called them and told them I was going to place a order for around $3000.00 to $5000.00 and asked them if they could ship it to me slow boat, because of the size of some of the items I the best was going to order they wanted to charge me oversize charges on all of them. I asked them if they could put the stuff on a pallet and shrink wrap it and they said no. They said 10% of the total cost of the parts plus oversize charges. Just wanted to find out were the places to order from. Thanks for any help.

Ruppstang

I like NPD for the free shipping on orders of $300 or more plus quick service. I always order their best quality parts and know from experience what parts not to order. A very good smaller vender is Virginia Classic Mustang but they do have better prices but no free shipping. I find it is best to always repair or restore the original Ford parts where it is possible.
Best of luck with your project.
Marty

p51

Depends if I am buying a mustang-specific, brand name (like Scott Drake or Eaton springs, etc), a non-brand name, mustang-specific part, or a standard part (like an oil filter, distributor cap, etc)...

For standard parts:
Rockauto
Summit Racing

For generic parts and some mustang-specific branded parts (eg Global West subframe connectors):
Summit racing

For non-brand name mustang specific parts:
CJ Pony
West Coast Classic Cougar

BTW: I've never tried NPD so I can't comment...

Especially for the high dollar brand name parts I check for the best price including tax and shipping... sometimes you will even find the best price through Amazon...

BigJim

I got all my Mustang specific stuff from CJ Pony. Otherwise I order from Summit.

Mosesatm

If you're on the left coast Mustangs Plus is pretty good.