CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/14/2017, 12:48 AM   #16
ratrodgta

I am in Portland,Oregon, a looooong way from Loooooong Beach, (Cali, not Washington) where the car was originally sold. Why people keep moving here is a mystery (misery?) to me. Property & small business taxes here are outrageous, infill housing, endless traffic jams, potholes galore, homeless and drug addict crimes.....puke..... Anyway, The thief slashed the car cover, then sat there trying to hotwire the car. A pro would have taken it without the vandalism. I am meeting with the adjuster next week, after we thaw out !
ratrodgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2017, 10:32 AM   #17
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrtrash View Post
Next time Rob, I've got a guy here in my town that can do it. Mail it to me and I'll get it taken care of for you. Or better yet, bring it with you when you come to visit!

Steve
Gosh, a real locksmith!! None in my area..... Thanks for the info!

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2017, 08:56 AM   #18
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrodgta View Post
I am in Portland,Oregon, a looooong way from Loooooong Beach, (Cali, not Washington) where the car was originally sold. Why people keep moving here is a mystery (misery?) to me. Property & small business taxes here are outrageous, infill housing, endless traffic jams, potholes galore, homeless and drug addict crimes.....puke..... Anyway, The thief slashed the car cover, then sat there trying to hotwire the car. A pro would have taken it without the vandalism. I am meeting with the adjuster next week, after we thaw out !
Mine also was sold in Long Beach, California. Mel Burns Ford.

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2017, 11:28 PM   #19
ratrodgta

Mine too, 2000 Long Beach Blvd. Having any OC beach town as the dealership is really boss - e.g. Huntington or Redondo; very cool dealership locations to have on a Marti Report ! Especially if you were/are part of; or afficionado of, the LA/OC beach culture. At the risk of boring y'all ----- I used to ride my bike from Long Beach to Huntington Beach before I owned a car--- peak identity experience always..... Last summer when a guy that I met told me he had a GT/CS for sale, I knew I had to have it, esp. when I saw the original owner's manual, signed, and the Long Beach Mel Burns license plate frames.
Old 01/17/2017, 10:12 AM   #20
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
In 1977 I was a new Sheet metal Mechanic at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard up here in Bremerton and Long Beach Naval shipyard needed some help. I spent 2 months from Late October to just before Christmas in Long Beach. I took my brothers 1972 Suzuki 750 GT Lemans down there for transportation.

I rode from Long Beach down to Huntington Beach a few times. What a beautiful ride on a bike. It was 97 degrees on Thanksgiving day. In 1977 Long Beach was a bit run down. My wife spent a week in Long Beach last year. It is very nicely done now!!

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2017, 11:23 PM   #21
ratrodgta

Good times, great memories ~ Long Beach did hit the skids for a while, but as they say in SoCal, 'there's no ghetto near the beach'.....like Venice had a dip, then a flip. I'll take a 2 b.r. termite-eaten dump there with a broken down 1 car garage in which to park my GTCS .....Has anyone heard if there are going to be any 50 year celebrations in Cali, in honor of the Specials?
Old 02/08/2017, 01:22 AM   #22
ratrodgta

Guten Morgen all, or Guten Tag, or Aben, or Nacht,,,,,I settled with the insurance company, they seem to be fair in their estimation. If, during the repairs, there are any additional problems or costs, they will adjust the settlement dollar amount. I am putting a locking fence in front of the house now. I have a distinct premonition that someone will try to steal the car again. And; being from Pennsylvania, I kinda think that lightning can and will strike the same place twice. The insurance people, throughout the process, liked the car, and were happy for me that the thief was unable to get it.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions