CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/31/2017, 11:52 AM   #16
dr1v3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post
Here are 3 photos of the tail light panel I have. It measures 60 &3/8" width, and is an original part.
Have you checked the rear quarter fenders on your car to see if they had been replaced? If so, perhaps they were installed with too much spacing. As previously noted- these cars weren't assembled with Swiss watch accuracy.
As far as price: I don't usually SELL parts. I just ask the recipient to make a generous donation to their church or favorite charity representative of the value received.

Neil
Neil,

That is a very generous offer and I would comply with that, is that a panel for a 68? I am not sure what the differences might be between a 67 and 68 but I'd like to do a 68 panel since it is the correct year for the car and I have lenses and bezels. I would of course pay shipping/packaging, I am 7 hours drive away from NC.

Best Regards,

Jai
dr1v3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2017, 12:11 PM   #17
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
I removed it from my '68 CS. And went the same path you're on- looking to upgrade. Big mistake on my part. The repro panels require a lot of work for fitment. Luckily Mike Jewell had a good pair if tail lights that I got. After a LOT of work I got it all right.
PM me your shipping address if you want it.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2017, 12:58 PM   #18
dr1v3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post
I removed it from my '68 CS. And went the same path you're on- looking to upgrade. Big mistake on my part. The repro panels require a lot of work for fitment. Luckily Mike Jewell had a good pair if tail lights that I got. After a LOT of work I got it all right.
PM me your shipping address if you want it.

Neil
PM Sent, thanks Neil!
Old 01/31/2017, 02:14 PM   #19
Mosesatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1v3n View Post
Neil,

That is a very generous offer and I would comply with that, is that a panel for a 68? I am not sure what the differences might be between a 67 and 68 but I'd like to do a 68 panel since it is the correct year for the car and I have lenses and bezels. I would of course pay shipping/packaging, I am 7 hours drive away from NC.

Best Regards,

Jai
The GT/CS was produced and sold only in 1968. The '67 and '68 Shelby taillights are different, Cougar vs. T-Bird.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2017, 02:50 PM   #20
dr1v3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm View Post
The GT/CS was produced and sold only in 1968. The '67 and '68 Shelby taillights are different, Cougar vs. T-Bird.
Lesson learned. :) I started to pick up a bit of this after Neil extended his offer, we should have the exact same panel. Thanks for the knowledge.
Old 02/02/2017, 11:28 AM   #21
green56

tail light panel

E Mailed This Person about geting something that he has he only wants cash and you have to pick up part does not send Tom WI
green56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2017, 11:45 AM   #22
dr1v3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by green56 View Post
E Mailed This Person about geting something that he has he only wants cash and you have to pick up part does not send Tom WI
Well that makes it a lot harder, I will try Neil's panel first, if not that, then I guess I'm taking a trip to Jersey!
Old 02/02/2017, 05:24 PM   #23
Ruppstang

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm View Post
The 68 GTCS and 68 Shelby convertible tail lights and tail light panel are the same. As well is the deck lid.
Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions