• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS clone

Dacecil

Is it feasible to make a CS clone from an ordinary coupe? I have a 68 GT 390 Coupe w/4sp that I am currently restoring. I was wondering if any of you have converted a regular Mustang coupe to a CS. I have always liked the look of the CS and the Shelby and think it would be cool on my car. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Dale

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Here we go again. ;D Look a few posts back for some heated discussion on making clones. There are definitely people strongly divided on this issue.

But basically it's your car and you can do what you want. Just don't try to pawn it off as the real thing.

OP
OP
D

Dacecil

Wow, Jon, sorry about that. I didn't quite understand how to work the forum's search feature. Now that I have, I understand. Lot's of discussion on the subject. Even if I did clone mine, I would never consider trying to pass it off as real. But the cars are way cool looking with their rear spoilers, side scoops and rear turn signals.

Thanks
Dale

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=Dacecil link=board=1;threadid=732;start=0#msg3998 date=1071803299]
Wow, Jon, sorry about that. I didn't quite understand how to work the forum's search feature. Now that I have, I understand. Lot's of discussion on the subject. Even if I did clone mine, I would never consider trying to pass it off as real. But the cars are way cool looking with their rear spoilers, side scoops and rear turn signals.

Thanks
Dale

[/quote]

Look further back for my subject on the pictures for Little Red and The Green Hornet. These have Shelby Style and are still coupes and are what the GT/CS was loosely based on. It would be a fun car and would make the purists happy too.

taylorHCS

Banned
I wouldn't be too worried about making other people happy before you make yourself happy. Let the purist mind his own business and you do what you want with your car.