• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

nugget gold

acme

does any body know anything about the "NUGGET GOLD" special ? spec's ?

P

PNewitt

When I interviewed Lee Grey for the first book in 1987, I asked him about the Nugget Gold GT/CS cars, and he said that they were sold in southern Oregon at the beginning of the program (March-April '68). This was a special deal with the So. Oregon dealers (still within DSO 72), made by his (Lee's) assistant.

Maybe a few of these cars will surface.

Paul N.

Mosesatm

Sorry, I didn't know there was a Nugget Gold Special California Special when I posted those links.

Are they any different then the California Specials or are they basically gold GT/CSs with a 72 DSO?

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
Sorry, I didn't know there was a Nugget Gold Special California Special when I posted those links.

Are they any different then the California Specials or are they basically gold GT/CSs with a 72 DSO?

I don't think there was a nugget gold CS, just a nugget gold special.

Mosesatm

390cs68rcode said:
I don't think there was a nugget gold CS, just a nugget gold special.

That's what I thought until I read Paul's response. Paul also mentions a DSO of 72 and the other sites say the DSO is 74. Although, 74 DSOs are usually better than 72.:icon_ecst

Now I'm confused.