• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1988 registries up for auction on this site...money goes toward the data on engines

390cs68rcode

UPDATED 12-29-05!!!

As some of you know I bought some 1988 registries recently. I have decided to auction off the 2-3 (I will give the exact number soon once I get them in my hands) of them with all the profit from these books going to fund the project of figuring out how many CS's were built with what engines and transmissions.
I figure this is the best way for many people to get a chance to own one of the 1988 Registries and have the money go to something to benefit all of us. I could have sold these on Ebay or something like that but I would rather do it this way. If there is any money left over after the auction and the cost of the engine data project I will figure out something else to benefit all of us. I will take the proceeds of this auction and pay for the engine data project, nothing goes in my pocket even the original cost of the registries. I have no interest in profitting from the sale of these registries, my little way of giving back to the CS community.

The way it is going to work is you can submit a bid to me on how much you will pay for one of these 1988 CS registries. I will have them in my hands in the next few days. I will update the thread on condition of the books. Send your bid by pm or email. One book per person maximum. I will be on vacation in New Zealand from 12-13 thru 12-28 but will be checking pm's and email while on vacation. I would like to run this until 12-31-05.

if you email me please put your forum name in the email.

Jason

UPDATED:

Got the registries in. They look like they have never been opened. They have a little shelf wear on the cover from other books being on top on them. Nothing to worry about.

EACH OF THE TWO REGISTRIES THAT IS IN THIS AUCTION HAVE BEEN SIGNED BY PAUL ON AUGUST 1993!

The auction is for 2 registries.

Last edited:

twoclassics

Sounds like a very worthwhile endeavor Jason, My hat is off to you, I am in Chuck

gt bandit

Great News

its been near impossible for me to track down a J code car, i am sure some were built.

also nay chance of sending a photo of your 68 coupe. did you sell your Maroon CS?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

OK guys and gals let's get those bids in for the 88 registries. all money raised goes toward the cost I already paid to get the engine/transmission data. If I don't get enough bids from the site I will list them on Ebay (I would much rather a board member own these).

admin

Staff member
Administrator
jbsteven said:
I will have them in my hands in the next few days. I will update the thread on condition of the books.
Any more info on the condition? It might help people solidify their bids.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

i should be able to give exact details o thursday. my flight back from new zealand has been delayed 4 hours and counting.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry. I guess I didn't read where it said you weren't back until the 28th.:embarass: