• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

black or white stripes?

6cylHCS

My HCS is candyapple w/ black stripes now. I think the white looks better. Im trying to keep my car as orignal as possible. Anyone know if there is anything in the build sheet or anything else it notes black or white. Or dose it matter. What do you think?

case12

Good question. Nothing on the build sheet (I have my original one) speaks to ANY of the CS additions - including the stripe. As far as one can tell from a build sheet, it is a normal 68 Mustang. Casey

PFSlim

I am not an authority on this (by any means). But it seems to me like someone has posted this type of question before on this site.

Since I believe your question to be "Should they be black or white?", I think someone posted that sometimes the stripe matches the interior of the car. However, there are cases (like ours) when the interior is blue to match the car and the stripe is white.

As well, since there is nothing on the build sheet, it appears to me like you have the freedom to put black or white, depending on preference.

There are others like Paul N., and Bob Teets who know much more about this than I do. Hopefully they will respond.

Paul

OP
OP

6cylHCS

You know I just went back to that video for the CT/CS and looked real close to see what color the seats where. because it had a white stripe. Sure thing it had white seats. So you might be right about white or black seats the stripes are the same. Unless someone else knows different that was a good call.

Mosesatm

We've discussed this in the past and I think we finally decided that there was no connection between the seats and the stripes. For example, Jason's maroon car with white stripes has black seats. Someone please correct me if I am not remembering the posts correctly.

coloradoHCS

Arlie, I think you are corect. I have never seen a Highland green car with white interior and I also have never seen one with black stripes.
Mark.

OP
OP

6cylHCS

So I guess it makes no differance white or black on my HCS. I just didnt want to be at a show one day and have some guy or judge challenge weather or not its real or original. That is if I decide to change from black to white.

luisa2552

Did someone say Highland Green??? True, mine is black seats/white stripes but wouldn't in look cool with white seats??? I'm having the interior done, I should think about this.........
Sara

P

PNewitt

This, I know is confusing. But here is what I offer:

1. For the most part, the stripe color matches the interior color.

2. The exception to #1 can be the use of a parchment or black vinyl top.

3. Some colors of cars can use black or white stripes for no rhyme or reason. They weren't as "accurate" as you might think when making those type of decisions. This is not an exact science.

4. I need to look at what choices they went with for the 1968 "C" stripe (and the little known GT rocker panel stripe).

5. I need to fix my chart from the 1988 book. I also will look at the hundreds of photos of cars (in color) in the registry to help re-make that chart, 'tho I'll bear in mind that some cars have had the stripe colors changed over the years...

6. A judge would only know what was right, from my book (based on my research, and from this site). What other source might he/she have?

Paul N.

rvrtrash

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=2273;start=0#msg15759 date=1129836346]

6. A judge would only know what was right, from my book (based on my research, and from this site). What other source might he/she have?

[/quote]

Hi, My name is Al Gore and I invented the California Special. Go ahead, ask me anything!

Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist. ;D

Steve

rvrtrash

Sounds like our GURU is preparing a little "smart-ass stew" and my goose is cooked. I hate it when that happens. ;)

Steve

rvrtrash

You know, Paul, all the best cooks demand the best ingrediants for their food. Glad to see you follow suit. Bravo! :D

Steve

68sunlitgold

As was discussed before, to find the color of the stripes look under the scoop and on the inside edges of the door (that's where I found my stripe color).

Doug

Gatorbait

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=2273;start=0#msg15759 date=1129836346]

2. The exception to #1 can be the use of a parchment or black vinyl top.

[/quote]

Can you explain? I have a California Special in line for my next project, and it wears original paint (much of it sanded and bodyworked, but tiny pieces of the original stripes remain). The car is red w/ red interior and had a black vinyl top (which I removed). I can't swear to it, and the car is in storage, but I remember the stripes to be white and thought that was strange.