• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Gt/cs 390

Mosesatm

No they're not. The deck lid is also missing the Mustang script. The seller says the car is not a clone but I wonder.

speedy02

I believe this car was in the old Photo Gallery. Admin is that correct?

mbsf1970

The GT\CS lettering on air intakes look wrong to me.....In addition to the front quarter badging it also has the '67 steering wheel and some additional 390 badging on trunk lid.....Hmmm indeed!
Stephen

robert campbell

Steering wheel is an aftermarket upgrade to a wood look that many people do. Hood paint is not a stock job but the owner must have wanted a different look. Fender emblem is not correct as we all know, but the car could still be a real GT/CS.

Time will tell or we can ask him for the VIN number and find out. As always the photos look great, but buying something site unseen scares me the death. Even if it is the real deal.

Rob

mbsf1970

Rob,
I can certainly attest to the fact that many many things can change in a car after 46 years but there are enough changes here to make me wonder why? Could very well be real....

OP
OP
G

GregL

I asked the seller for an image of the door data tag. Here's what he sent. Sorry the image quality wasn't much better in my e-mail but it looks to read:

8RO1X168539

65A W 2A 15U 75 5 U

Attachments

• IMG_75661.jpg
    IMG_75661.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 51

Mosesatm

The car is yellow and there is blue paint on the data plate.
That number is in the registry but we don't have a Marti report.