• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Can anyone confirm Denver Ord Dis Under Spec Ord #2500 MEANSHigh Country Special

68 HCS

Can anyone in the know!!!
Confirm that the 512500 Denver Ordering District Under Special Order # 2500 on my Marti report means High Country Special FOR SURE???
Thanks Tim ???

68sunlitgold

Re:Can anyone confirm Denver Ord Dis Under Spec Ord #2500 MEANSHigh Country Spec

Tim,
Just tying to understand your question. Your DSO (Domestic Special Order) number states "512500"? I think you are talking about the Dealer ID. On the report it should state the DSO is 51 and the dealer is 512500, which means a Denver dealer (the 51) with the dealer ID of 2500. Did you get the standard report? I only ask because these only give the dealer ID number and only the deluxe breaks down the number and gives the exact dealer name and address.

Does your report state in the options area: "California Special". It must state this to be a HCS, if it does along with the DSO of 51 then it is a true HCS. Did that answer your question?

Doug

66 Dearborn HCS

Re:Can anyone confirm Denver Ord Dis Under Spec Ord #2500 MEANSHigh Country Spec

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=947;start=0#msg5243 date=1086057651]
Your DSO (Domestic Special Order) number states "512500"? I think you are talking about the Dealer ID.[/quote]

My understanding is that all the cars had a DSO longer than 2 digits and that only the special orders actually had the extended order number stamped into the warranty tag. The extended number, again in my understanding, is not the dealer's ID, but the actual order number as they came into the factory consecutively. I can't remember where I read this, but it was fairly recently.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=66 Dearborn HCS link=board=1;threadid=947;start=0#msg5299 date=1086550745]
My understanding is that all the cars had a DSO longer than 2 digits and that only the special orders actually had the extended order number stamped into the warranty tag. The extended number, again in my understanding, is not the dealer's ID, but the actual order number as they came into the factory consecutively.
[/quote]

Clarification. I talked to Bob Teets today and I was part right, at least for the 66's. Not on 68's. The last 4 on the DSO on the HCS's built in '66 denotes a paint code even though the space for the paint code on the warranty tag is actually blank. I don't know how it works for the later cars. Also, again, apparently only the 66's had the extended DSO actually on the tag. Did I get that right Bob?

hicountrybob

Scott, all 66 and 67 hcs mustangs have DSO 51 plus 4 numbers after the 51. I've never seen a 68 hcs or cal spec with 4 numbers following the 51, 72, 74, 75, B7(Canada?) or wherever district. On 66 hcs cars, for example with a 510245, this a green coupe. and my way to tell the color is those last 2 numbers, (don't know yet what the 02 means. ON 67 hcs, for example, the following 515236 is, i believe an aspen gold fastback. I know this 36 is color but do not know what the 52 means yet( above on 67 cars is courtsey of Kevin Marti). hope this helps you all. BUT I've yet to see the original post tell us what year car he has or vin #'s and second line on the tag readout. WHAT GIVES?

OP
OP

68 HCS

CASE CLOSED" Thanks Bob Teets"

admin

Staff member
Administrator

So what's the answer? What is the 512500 on your report? This was on your 68?

OP
OP

68 HCS

Paint code unknown