• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My 2nd GT/CS was delivered Saturday

BroadwayBlue

There's a new pony in the stable bringing my current Mustang ownership to 3. (Not sure how long I'll have 3 so I'll have to enjoy it while I can :wink: )

Saturday, 1 day shy of my 2 year anniversary of CS ownership, I took delivery of my 2nd GT/CS. The car was delivered by FedEx/Passport. (great service and prices)

The car is Acapulco Blue with Black Interior, almost a twin of my current CS. The differences are this one has a 289 as opposed to the 302 in my original. This one also adds an automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes which my first did not have.
One thing that's funny is my 1st CS and this one both have the passenger side script mounted incorrectly. I can tell for sure the new rear quarter panel was replaced on this one. There is the indentation on the inside for the side marker so it's a 67 or early 68 panel.

We spent a good part of Saturday going over the car inside and out as well as underneath. The car is in great shape, the whole car was gone through and updated by the 3rd owner. I purchased it from the 4th owner who only drove it about 200-300 miles. All of the brakes, suspension, etc was replaced. It went through a pretty thorough restore from what we can tell.

There area a few minor things I want to change/update but nothing major. I'm very happy with this purchase. My 1st car purchase on eBay.

As you may have read in another thread, my car was on the trailer with calspecialchic's black CS. How wild is that. There are pictures of both cars on the trailer.

One thing with this car is I don't need to buy new diecasts, T-shirts or mugs since the colors are the same as my other one so I save some money. (Sorry Tim - I'm sure I'll find a need for more though :grin: )

As with my 1st CS purchase I can't thank everyone on this site enough for their help. From the many PMs, emails, etc, their help on transport company recommendations, how to handle a long distance sale was invaluable. I even was put in touch with the 2nd owner - he's going to see if he has pictures of the car when he owned it prior to it's restoration.

Attached are a few pictures and here is a link to the rest of the them and the full size versions.

http://broadwayblue.photosite.com/20070602GTCSDelivery

Thanks again everyone!

Attachments

• DSC00153a.jpg
    DSC00153a.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00157a.jpg
    DSC00157a.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00159b.jpg
    DSC00159b.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC00161a.jpg
    DSC00161a.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00139a.jpg
    DSC00139a.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00142a.jpg
    DSC00142a.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Mustanger

Congrats Rich!! Make sure you take pic's of all 3 ponys together before you sell one off ...

PFSlim

Rich

That is way cool. I had no idea that you were looking for another car and it is very cool that you bought another Acapulco Blue car. The car looks great and it appears like you made another great choice!!

Paul

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks everyone!!

Definitely will get a pic of all 3 together. Was planning on doing it Saturday but took longer than expected to go through the car and then it started getting dark. Wish I could keep all 3 but with 2 young daughters (4 and 1), building a new house 2 years ago, etc ... it's not likely right now but stranger things have happened :cool: Of course I might need a good divorce lawyer by then!! :grin: (just kidding - my wife fully supported this purchase)

Paul,
I wasn't looking for a new car. This one happened to catch my eye on eBay and starting talking it over with the family and well one thing led to another and voila I have a new Acapulco Blue CS!
Maybe the incorrect script mounting on the passenger side to match the current was calling out to me subconciously :cool:

Limp,
The grayed out panel is not correct for the CS or HCS, that is how the Shelby's were done. The CS/HCS should match the rest of the exterior paint. That's on the list to be changed :smile:

Thanks again!

Last edited:

CALIF GIRL

Beautiful car Rich, Congrats

i asked this before but just checking in the picture above the tail light panel is greyed out this is not correct?

The taillight panel should be body color on a GT/CS.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks everyone.
Would definitely be a nice road trip to Carlisle next year.

Interesting option on this car that I never really understood before - Deluxe Belts.

I thought it was just the chrome on the belt buckle. But I kept seeing a red light on the dash that said BELTS. And then it goes off after awhile.

According to Paul's 89 guide Deluxe Belts were a $15.59 option. They are "Chrome on Buckles; Belts Light". The Marti Report indicates these were ordered as an option on this car.

The 68 Owner's Manual states:
SEAT BELT REMINDER-included with optional deluxe belts. Glows when ignition switch is turned on-goes out automatically after a few seconds.

A step toward the Seat Belt Warning lights/buzzers like we have today I assume. Interesting that they go off whether your belts are on or not. If you blink you miss the warning light :grin:

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks!

The car shipped from North Carolina. It was a California car until around 1993.

I found some interesting paperwork in the car and from the previous owner such as California ownership transfers (pink and a DMV form), original black plate, shipping receipts for the car and the original owners manual with the original owner info typed in by the dealer.

Registered the car on Friday and now we're working on getting the horn working this week so I can get the car a safety inspection.