• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Colorado Event in 2011?

franklinair

Yeah, it did get kinda sidetracked didn't it. Let's get it moved and call it the GTCS/HCS Travelog!

Neil

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, I split off some of the posts from the other thread and into their own discussion. It's a little confusing maybe. Wasn't sure exactly what to pull off, especially from those of you more gifted at rambling and swerving off topic. Oh, wait. That's everyone on this site! :grin:

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Jon,
Perfect! A little more than a year away, but time moves quickly! Steaming to Steamboat in 2011!! Time to see the HCS brethren!! Almost the center of the US! Awesome!

Rob

Mosesatm

Just a bump so it doesn't get lost.

Denver and Steamboat Springs - Father's Day weekend, June 16th - 19th, 2011.

This year's Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup is June 17th - 20th in Steamboat.

Ruppstang

I have been putting the heat on my body guys to get the HCS body done so we can have it there. What a perfect home coming that would be. I can't wait. Marty

DenverJim

will there be room for trailer parking?

There is a huge lot the host hotel owns (Steamboat Grand) a block from the hotel where all the trailers park. Plenty of space! It truly is a great event in what I think is the best town in the U.S.
Couple of tips...
1. book your hotel early. I think registration opens right around Jan 1.
2. Pay the extra for a reserved parking spot in the garage in the basement of the hotel. You will have a designated reserved spot underground for your Mustang the entire weekend.

Bob is also a first class host. I'm sure you will all have a great time! Maybe I'll find my HCS by then.

DenverJim

another thing that is cool about this show from some others I've been to. All the cars pre-stage in a lot about 3 miles from Downtown where the show is. We stage all the cars by class and then send them down together parade style. All classes park together, so you won't have to worry about trying to coordinate getting parked together at the show.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I assume this is a Saturday show or is it Sunday? I hope we can arrange a full day before just to go somewhere easy and close where we can slop down a beer and eat something picnic style. Even if we just collect money and order in some pizza and some sides or something.

Where we can just sit and talk and enjoy the company and the great outdoors. Tim's place in Grass Valley was perfect! Tried to mimic the fun at my lake and it was a bit short for me. Wished we had a full day.

I plan to arrive early enough to support a day with all. Or at least with Bob and whoever else!

Rob

Mosesatm

I'll be staying in Silverthorne the day before the car show. It's near Breckenridge and is on the way to Steamboat from Denver. Our company has a small condo on the North end of Lake Dillon that has a large picnic area on the shore, lots of parking, a hotel across the parking lot, and most importantly, a bar across the street!

If no one comes up with a better idea between now and then we can always use that area for a gathering.

nfrntau

I'm coming too, looking forward to seeing y'all there. Should be really cool to see all the GTCS's and HCS's together.

nfrntau

Steamboat is just 3 months away and I'm getting excited about the trip.
How many folks are still planning on coming?

I'm putting in my "I'll be there" with my family and my GT/CS, coming in thursday morning for the scenic cruise. Rob's idea of getting together for pizza and beer sounds like a winner.

1. Bill - nfrntau
2. ?

Mosesatm

Steamboat is just 3 months away and I'm getting excited about the trip.
How many folks are still planning on coming?

I'm putting in my "I'll be there" with my family and my GT/CS, coming in thursday morning for the scenic cruise. Rob's idea of getting together for pizza and beer sounds like a winner.

1. Bill - nfrntau
2. Arlie